Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest HTT II

The gap from where we are to the top 6 isn’t that great to be honest, we should definitely be aiming for top 6 next season should we spend big and on quality, why not. 

Feels like in the PL era there’s never been a better time to mount a challenge for the top six because of how the traditionally big clubs are struggling outside of Liverpool and Man City. It would be stupid to expect a push for top six next season but I think top 8 would be a good target now. Howe’s already proved he’s more than capable with this squad. Give I’m three-four more quality players and I think top eight is definitely achievable. If injuries go our way and other clubs still struggle would be great to aim even higher 

I'm all for ambition, there's no point in limiting what we can achieve.

But we should be aware our games will probably be very different next season, and probably very frustrating. The majority of teams will set out to park the bus against us, particularly at SJP. It may take us a season or two to adjust to that and consistently break teams down. It's what separates the men from the boys.

Just now, gbandit said:

Feels like in the PL era there’s never been a better time to mount a challenge for the top six because of how the traditionally big clubs are struggling outside of Liverpool and Man City. It would be stupid to expect a push for top six next season but I think top 8 would be a good target now. Howe’s already proved he’s more than capable with this squad. Give I’m three-four more quality players and I think top eight is definitely achievable. If injuries go our way and other clubs still struggle would be great to aim even higher 

I don't think it's stupid to expect a top six push, we've been in top four form since January without Trippier and Wilson, add some more quality to the squad in the summer and there's no reason why we shouldn't expect to be pushing for top 6 next season.

We should aim to push the top 6, but we shouldn’t expect to be in the top 6. That’s how I see it and I think it’s the way to go. 

Too 8 is achievable and if we do that then we probably will push the top 6 for some periods of the season at least.

Edited by Ikon

I'm hopeful of a European push depending on signings, considering the number of places available and how open things are right now outside of the top two. But equally I won't piss my pants if it simply ends up a top ten-ish consolidation season before we really look to push on. 

Either way, please, for the love of all that is holy, make a run for the cups. 

Edited by wormy

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think we’ll give it a go. Do you think someone like Bruno has signed for us to compete for top 8-10 for the next couple of seasons for instance?

Yes Bruno signed for a Relegation threatened side , it might have gone tits up mate . Just think aim moderate for now , build , we need to keep a lid on it unless PIF go for it . To sustain this we need to build it mate .

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

We're only 11 points off 6th place despite surrendering the first third of the season.

That’s a crazy stat. Yeah think a top 6 place next season should be our aim and isn’t beyond the realms of possiblity, depending on who we recruit in the summer, 3 or 4 quality signings (like Bruno) should do it,

6 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

We're only 11 points off 6th place despite surrendering the first third of the season.

Also so many points dropped or stolen from us (Norwich, Brentford, Everton, Chelsea, Watford & Manu) 

Probably 10pts there we should have had and still surrendered a 3rd of the season.

29 minutes ago, Nine said:

Negative isnt the word, its realistic 

If we had Howe from the start of this season with players we have we'd be pushing Man United and West Ham. If we do good business in the summer we can push Arsenal and Spurs who are both nothing special.

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

If we had Howe from the start of this season with players we have we'd be pushing Man United and West Ham. If we do good business in the summer we can push Arsenal and Spurs who are both nothing special.

But it just doesnt work like that, football isnt that simple unfortunately

For me next season, I won't necessarily judge it on final league position as there's a lot of variables and fine margins in play which are largely out of our control. I will look solely at our performances as a team.

A positive goal difference and a minimum of 15 wins should be achievable and would be a mark of real improvement. That would likely see us finish somewhere between 12th-7th.

Guest HTT II

I’ve gutted to finish 12th lie given we are actually 9th a current and could well finish 12 this season…