Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, LV said:

What’s Bird said? 

Eddie Howe blasts "not accurate" Jurgen Klopp in Liverpool v Newcastle Saudi spending power row. #lfc #nufc
💰 Liverpool turnover £550m, Newcastle United £170m
💷 Nunez £85m, Isak £58m.

After last night, we are now joint second in points in the "first half table".

https://www.soccerstats.com/halftime.asp?league=england

The only two goals conceded were the City sucker punch and that Ruben Neves wonderstrike that went through Willocks legs (i.e., was nearly blocked).

Doing so well in the first half suggests we are going into games with well-constructed game plans, no doubt the result of Howe's hard work and perfectionism.

If we're winning at HT, there is no need to go hell-for-leather second half, so game state will massively affect our second half stats.

However, we do seem to be tiring in games, and unable to do much from the bench. The bench is so weak that it would be unfair to judge Howe on his own ability to change games.

As a bonus, look at Liverpool's first half stats. 

Philippe Auclair is apoplectic with rage that Newcastle have spent money this year and with Eddie for saying that we have constraints to our spending going forward. He's also incensed that Eddie didn't get on his knees and blow Klopp for being a dickhead earlier in the week

14 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I can't believe some of the hate Eddie is getting for these comments. The pro-Liverpool media machine is in overdrive right now.

Would be understandable if it was stuff he actually said instead of newspaper headlines made out if stuff he didn't.

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Philippe Auclair is apoplectic with rage that Newcastle have spent money this year and with Eddie for saying that we have constraints to our spending going forward. He's also incensed that Eddie didn't get on his knees and blow Klopp for being a dickhead earlier in the week

This is it basically - there's a video interview going around Twitter. He's also arguing with people with things like this "Ashley does not justify MbS and PIF" and essentially saying it wasn't that bad under Ashley. 

3 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

This is it basically - there's a video interview going around Twitter. He's also arguing with people with things like this "Ashley does not justify MbS and PIF" and essentially saying it wasn't that bad under Ashley. 

It’s a very odd video to say the least. He’s clearly playing up to the bias of a Man U/Liverpool based talk show football wise anyway. For starters he clearly states how is lecturing Klopp on ethics and behaviour but at no point does Howe say anything like that. I suspect Auclair has read misleading headlines only by Hope and Edwards which insinuate something more inflammatory from Howe. But if you listen to the whole interview all the answers are diplomatic and carefully worded as they always are.

Secondly I don’t really get why he’s so incensed about what we’ve spent. Eddie basically said we’re working with FFP and have to deal with that. I don’t see the amount we’ve spent as exorbitant compared to other clubs 🤷‍♂️ He merely fact checked what Klopp has said about seemingly limitless funds which can be spent right now and rightly so.

Thirdly he’s clearly incensed by Saudi involvement. This will always be a divisive issue but it’s a complex geopolitical issue, why are you using a football manager as the focus for your anger? If you’re that annoyed, lobby the premier league, acknowledge the government who sell fucking bombs to Saudi Arabia. Fuck me the royals give them a state visit ffs. Why is part ownership of nufc suddenly the route of all evils? 

It’s the playing up to the hosts calling Howe a midget and getting completely carried away which makes him look like a cunt really let’s be honest. When you do that you lose all credibility and the issue for lots of these journos including Holt et al is they won’t engage with fans and journos. It’s all one sided which suits their agenda. They won’t look at any of the positives of the takeover or acknowledge how fans have had zero say in this takeover but apparently we’re all scum now. None of these fuckers were interested in the fans or city plight during thr Ashley years. We’ll have our moment now and it’ll properly wind them up which I love.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Relegation battle this year is going to be wild, everyone can seemingly beat everyone, going to be fascinating watching from a far. Got this sexy bastard to thank for it :love:

Living the high life :lol:

Edited by 54

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Relegation battle this year is going to be wild, everyone can seemingly beat everyone, going to be fascinating watching from a far. Got this sexy bastard to thank for it :love:

Living the high life :lol:

Crazy to think we’ll never have to worry about it again.

11 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: Amazon not even bothering to splash out for a cheap box for half time analysis at Crave Cottage.  They're awful.

I think Amazon have been great.  In our match alone against Everton they interviewed Trippier, Bruno, Pope and Howe.

19 hours ago, gbandit said:

not a single mention about the wages liverpool have paid over the years, and how they are still paying massive weekly amounts.

cant see our max weekly wage being much more than 100k.

and liverpool have been able to spend massivley obver the years when others including ourselves coundnt.

record fee for Dalglish in the seventies, then over over £2m for Beardsley in the 80's, then that ridiculous £35m for Carroll

10 minutes ago, Paully said:

Bellend quote tweeting another bellend

Panja lost all credibility after his "we only had a one hour slot so I didn't have the opportunity to raise the issue of human rights" when recently interviewing someone linked to PSG (can't remember who it was).  Didn't have that problem during one of our press conferences, did he!?!