Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, gbandit said:

Cannot wait to watch all of his interviews back. Just want to consume NUFC content all day and fuck work off

Currently sat on my sofa with a coffee flicking through the all 2 minute match highlights on our YouTube channel.  Should've left for work already, I've got loads on [emoji38]

I really hope we have more faith in our management and team now. We have all been hurt by the Ashley years, but lets put that behind us.

The terrible Dan Burn, one footed Miggy, championship Murphey..... buying/selling wood......Shelvey leaving a "massive" hole.... etc

All of that noise this forum had to endure, and we still got champions league

We need less of that and more Jennifer Aniston please :P

Was discussing last night he must be the only manager in the country to have managed at every level of the football league and the Champions League (well he will be).

He’s got a ridiculous CV if you think about it. There isn’t an English manager anywhere near him.

7 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Was discussing last night he must be the only manager in the country to have managed at every level of the football league and the Champions League (well he will be).

He’s got a ridiculous CV if you think about it. There isn’t an English manager anywhere near him.

He is so underrated. What he has accomplished in the game as a manager is ridiculous. All that’s missing is a major trophy, which will come along soon.

The bloke is a winner, and importantly he is adaptable and always looking to improve rather than let the game move on whilst he stands still. 

My favourite thing about him is that he always looks to improve a player, whereas other managers will constantly cry about not having enough money in the transfer budget to bring in someone better.

Howe started off having absolutely no money at Bournemouth, working with the bare minimum, needing to make the most of what he's got and that moulded him into the manager he is today.

Edited by mikejaxer

Another cool thing, he was asked was this his greatest ever achievement

He said very respectfully, it's the highest profile achievement and will get more recognised in the media

What I did with Bournemouth that first season to keep them in the league, that's also up there

Completely agree, and a very classy answer to respect both of the clubs he's represented

For the most part the team has picked itself, and we've had few games with a long break in the middle of the season so there hasn't really been a need to rotate players to keep them fresh. There were some signs that some players were starting to look fatigued a few weeks ago. Will be interesting to see how he manages the squad next season if he intends to play with the same intensity with the additional amount of games. 

1 hour ago, arnonel said:

I really hope we have more faith in our management and team now. We have all been hurt by the Ashley years, but lets put that behind us.

The terrible Dan Burn, one footed Miggy, championship Murphey..... buying/selling wood......Shelvey leaving a "massive" hole.... etc

All of that noise this forum had to endure, and we still got champions league

We need less of that and more Jennifer Aniston please :P

IMG_0572.gif.6dde60282552e67ab9ddedc651da11e0.gif

agreed! :clap:

what is it with luke edwards?

ffs.

on radio newcastle this morning - giving Eddie the credit he deserves and then having a sly dig at Rafa.

something about surpassing/being better than Rafa.

just unneccessary.

Not to start sending expectations sky high, because if we do have a drop off next season I wont be upset as I imagine we'll still be seeing progress. But I can see us not doing so to any major extent and still grabbing Europa League or something.

With the way Howe gets so much out of his players, I really do think the big aspect is reasonable reinforcements for rotation. Who would we really want to upgrade in the first xi right now? LB, maybe a CB (unfortunately, purely from a pace perspective), an extra CM, wide player? And I'm not saying I expect four purples in one summer (even though it wouldn't surprise me if we find the right deals). But any such players would immediately be moving a bloody handy player to the bench for rotation purposes (if they're happy to play that role).

Add a few bargains brought in on the understanding of being a serviceable backup and we can point to the likes of BDB as proof of what can happen if you take your chance with both hands.

Just now, huss9 said:

ffs.

on radio newcastle this morning - giving Eddie the credit he deserves and then having a sly dig at Rafa.

just unneccessary.

He’s an absolute weapon. 

13 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Edwards it’s usually pretty sound on various podcasts and sticks up for the club consistently, it’s just on Twitter and in print he seems to enjoy being a wind up merchant.

How strange that it's the two places he's gagging for the most engagement possible.

I can’t remember feeling so emotional after a season. It’s not just the scale of the achievement but also how it’s been done.

He hasn’t gone out and bought a load of elite players and I wouldn’t say he’s changed ordinary players into great ones. What he’s done is get ordinary players to play at their peak on a consistent basis, and get the team to hit their max as near on every game as you can expect.

Football can be strange. We’ve all seen particular players and teams hit a purple patch but those periods are elusive and difficult to engineer. We call that good form and somehow our guy has generated it like it was on tap.

The only parallel I can think of is Brian Clough’s Forest team of the late 70s. Very different management styles, but the same kind of effect.

I knew Eddie had it in him. I never understood why a bigger club hadn't taken him on before because he tried to be ambitious in his football even within the limitations of our budget. Something you would think would be welcomed further up the table and the reason why a manager like Dyche will always only get jobs at struggling teams. He improved so many players with us and you only have to look at how many actually went on to better things after they left us, very few, to see he his influence drags up players to more than they thought they could be. The way people would go on about Jordon Ibe was weird, like there isn't a manager that hasn't made transfer mistakes and ignored the multitude of successful signings. Even then, I think Ibe's well documented problems outside of football show it wasn't a lack of ability that held him back. Anyway, you took the plunge on Howe and it's paid off. Congratulations to you all!

Normally, I never watch European football as it's just a boring playground reserved for a few clubs that have done everything they can to pull up the drawbridge and ensure they get to keep even more of the money in football to themselves. However, I might make an exception next season as I'm interested to see how Eddie gets on. He deserves a crack at it and I think with Champions League as an incentive, he might make some really interesting signings this summer.

1 minute ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

I knew Eddie had it in him. I never understood why a bigger club hadn't taken him on before because he tried to be ambitious in his football even within the limitations of our budget. Something you would think would be welcomed further up the table and the reason why a manager like Dyche will always only get jobs at struggling teams. He improved so many players with us and you only have to look at how many actually went on to better things after they left us, very few, to see he his influence drags up players to more than they thought they could be. The way people would go on about Jordon Ibe was weird, like there isn't a manager that hasn't made transfer mistakes and ignored the multitude of successful signings. Even then, I think Ibe's well documented problems outside of football show it wasn't a lack of ability that held him back. Anyway, you took the plunge on Howe and it's paid off. Congratulations to you all!

Normally, I never watch European football as it's just a boring playground reserved for a few clubs that have done everything they can to pull up the drawbridge and ensure they get to keep even more of the money in football to themselves. However, I might make an exception next season as I'm interested to see how Eddie gets on. He deserves a crack at it and I think with Champions League as an incentive, he might make some really interesting signings this summer.

And likewise congratulations on staying up mate. Absolutely buzzing for you as a former BH resident and it is criminal Gary O’Neill wasn’t up for manager of the year.

Although the video doing the rounds of O'Neil refusing to shake hands with Mad Dog is still funny. Tindall's bemused look like he doesn't know what that's all about is priceless. He must have been winding up their bench something rotten. :lol:

2 hours ago, huss9 said:

ffs.

just unneccessary.

But no dig at Bruce I guess?