Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I have to, otherwise people put words in your mouth. 

Tbf, a few days ago you were going on about how sad a position we find ourselves in etc. when we were literally 7th and a few points off City. So over the top. Unnecessary performative pessimism all so you can say nod sagely and say you saw it coming whenever we have a bad result. It's a bit beneath you to be honest.

Just now, Dokko said:

Every counter has pretty much gone out the window today. Play well at home. No players to choose from. Beat teams below us. 

All gone.

A bad run and a few bad performances and you want everyone's head of a stick.  That's reasonable.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Every counter has pretty much gone out the window today. Play well at home. No players to choose from. Beat teams below us. 

All gone.

And this one especially is on Eddie. His weaknesses have been exposed over the past few months, but our home form was his saving grace. But tactical naivety, running players into the ground, an inability to make effective in game changes, no plan B, mis-management when we’re in winning positions etc. are all starting to look like traits rather than one-offs. 

Edited by Holmesy

To be very frank, our recent performances have shown exactly why you have to rotate, be flexibility tactically. 

Ultimately we have a situation whereby we have lots of injuries and lots of tired layers in need of a rest as well a bunch of poor performances and bad results. I hope Eddie’s here long enough to learn from these mistakes and we can go forward stronger but I do worry for him January is going to be a disaster and we I’ll be a massive test from everyone including the PIF. 

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

And this one especially is on Eddie. His weaknesses have been exposed over the past few months, but our home form was his saving grace. But tactical naivety, running players into the ground, an ability to make effective in game changes, no plan B, mis-management when we’re in winning positions etc. are all starting to look like traits rather than one-offs. 

What a load of shite.

I do have to say that I don't think the injury situation has been managed particularly well. There doesn't seem to have been any major allowance to change the style of play to accommodate the lack of players to choose from. It's been a case of pressing ahead with Plan A regardless.

As I said in the match thread, this result will cause the more emotional ones of us to turn.. then we have a very tough set of fixtures to get through. By mid Jan things could be messy fan wise and probably will be, such a shame how things panned out since September/October. Howe has shown he will stick to his guns, gone with the 4-3-3 high press that we all know and love. I don’t think he’ll change it now either, but it was always going to be a big ask when only have a knackered, half a squad.

Post January will be when we know if there is any lasting damage from this loss of form, the transfer window will be closed and we’ll have most of the core of injuries back fit. 

Edited by Nine

Just now, GEFAFWISP said:

He's getting sacked and I don't want him to be.

With some of the mongs that we have posting at the moment.  Will build momentum and we will no doubt sack the best manager we have had in recent times and end up with Jose.  

7 minutes ago, dcmk said:

What a load of shite.

Is it?! Explain why.

Has he run players into the ground?

Has he managed this game poorly? A team who were only ever going to counter attack us?

Is there an argument that he mis-managed us from a winning position against Liverpool, AC Milan and arguably this game?

What is his plan b?

Name one game where he made an effective in-game change to swing the result?

I’m happy to be corrected, but you haven’t done that. You’ve just used your extensive vocabulary to disagree, with no follow up

Edited by Holmesy

2 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

No. He’ll be here until the end of season. I think he needs to drop his captain and start playing form over favourites though. 

Edited by RS

I'd still back him even if we finished lower midtable, and hope the club sticks with him, but January does feel like a massive month. If we get 0 or 1 point from the next 3 league games (1 point would probably be optimistic), plus a cup defeat then questions will obviously have to be asked with the way football is. Would be a big shame, but not massively unexpected, which would have sounded crazy only 6 or 7 weeks ago.

Just now, Fezzle said:

100%its not like the owners or Dan said this season will be slow progress 

genuine question - has there been progress?

Not in results or even performance as there is obvious mitigation to those but have we developed since last May? 

Maybe it’s behind the scenes where this will show but on the pitch there’s little sign of evolving play etc

Just now, GEFAFWISP said:

Eh? We’ve been on a bad run to say the least, with some mitigating circumstances. But the home form has still been solid. As it has for most of his time here. 

This is our worst home performance under him and by some distance. Seems totally at odds to what we have seen at SJP since the takeover. 

I’d like to think he’s got more than enough credit in the bank to ride out rough spells like this. 

Problem is, January looks like it’s going to get worse. Before it gets better.