Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Northern echo saying jones will probably be in charge for the Brighton game and a sporting director and manager will be in during the international break.

Would be a good time for them to really come in, settle and make preparations for the remainder of the season during the break.

10 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Now Bruce has been sacked I’m totally calm about all this. I know they are trying to get the best person for the job, not the cheapest. That’s massive but will take some time whilst they find their feet. We know how important a manger is to a club and this next appointment is as big as it gets for a club on its knees. 

I appreciate this point of view, but every day counts.

I extended period suggests to me things are not going well and we are going to be completely underwhelmed

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Would be a good time for them to really come in, settle and make preparations for the remainder of the season during the break.

Also we aren’t really too affected by the international break the majority of our players don’t go so that’s a good period for the new manager to get too work.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Also we aren’t really too affected by the international break the majority of our players don’t go so that’s a good period for the new manager to get too work.

Good point. I also hope that said people are observing these three games Jones will be in charge of to also allow them to get some idea of the level the current players are at, as far as matchday performances go. 

2 hours ago, wfmk2 said:

I love the way the bookies don't have a clue what's going on. Fonseca now up to 6/1. Best price for Favre is 4/1.

Whoever is running this recruitment drive is keeping it impressively watertight. 

It's Lampard, I tells ya. The bookies can sit back and count their money since he withdrew from the race. Why do you think he hasn't been announced yet? Because we play Chelsea on Saturday.

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Northern echo saying jones will probably be in charge for the Brighton game and a sporting director and manager will be in during the international break.

The Northern Echo have been absolutely clueless thus far, but its a  fair guess to make. 

24 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Northern Echo have been absolutely clueless thus far, but its a  fair guess to make. 

All of the media have. They’ve got every decision so far totally wrong.

Best to ignore all of the rumours totally until there is something concrete.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

1 hour ago, New Beginnings said:

Youre all entitled to your opinion

When Chelsea batter us at the weekend, I reckon a few more will tune in to my thought process.

Just you wait!

I don't think so.

What difference would any new manager have made by Saturday??

7 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

sack Bruce now :ructions:

what if they need some time to get a manager in :bob:

doesn’t matter ah wannna fuckin party :ructions:

*sacks bruce*

here like nee manager worra fokkin joke like:ructions:

:lol:

I have faith the they're doing the right thing, but my concern is we could feasibly be a 1/3rd of the way through the season without a win, with about 8-10 unwinnable games after that. Its easy to look at the league and say we're only 2 wins away but that doesn't take into account that other teams have better runs and more stability. 

Having said that, the January window is gonna be mental and I am here for the ride. 

Just now, Thumbheed said:

I have faith the they're doing the right thing, but my concern is we could feasibly be a 1/3rd of the way through the season without a win, with about 8-10 unwinnable games after that. Its easy to look at the league and say we're only 2 wins away but that doesn't take into account that other teams have better runs and more stability. 

Having said that, the January window is gonna be mental and I am here for the ride. 

If we get the right guy it won't take long before he turns "unwinnable" games into winnable ones. How many games did we feel were unwinnable under Rafa?

My own thoughts are that they’ve had several candidates lined up, interviewed a few and were all ready to go, then they become aware of somoene better/more suited but is in a contract/a job and that’s the hold up. I reckon it’s Rafa, Gerrard or the Dutch guy.

As great as the potential is with NUFC at the moment, it still probably goes without saying that the Barca job and the very likely availability of the Man United job coming up rules out Ten Hag, as amazing as it would be. Man United might and definitely should be looking at Conte and Barca might very well go for Xavi, but Ten Hag has to be in the running surely. 

Edited by kisearch

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Chelsea is a write-off anyway but you'd hope the structure will start to take shape pretty sharpish soon after that; we can't just go on and on without a manager

Brighton, Brentford, Arsenal, Norwich, Burnley to come before of an absolutely vile set of Christmas fixtures, so November/early December is huge. 

We took our time appointing a new manager in the midst of relegation battles in 88/89 08/09 15/16. Proved fatal.

I get the lack of panic when literally two wins would change the complexion entirely but also fully get the encroaching concern, which if anything is more logical. If we get beat by Brighton it would be wrong not to be concerned surely.