Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

7 minutes ago, kisearch said:

As great as the potential is with NUFC at the moment, it still probably goes without saying that the Barca job and the very likely availability of the Man United job coming up rules out Ten Hag, as amazing as it would be. Man United might and definitely should be looking at Conte and Barca might very well go for Xavi, but Ten Hag has to be in the running surely. 

By all accounts, Barca aren’t allowed to pay ten Hag his market rate salary because of rules imposed by the Spanish FA - Xavi “going home” is not just romantic, it’s affordable.

Man U, who knows? There’s the odd chance they stick for way too long this season…

We never do well at Brighton so I’m already writing that one off. We just need the new guy for the full two week international break so that we can essentially reset the season and start to think about winning some games 

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

We never do well at Brighton so I’m already writing that one off. We just need the new guy for the full two week international break so that we can essentially reset the season and start to think about winning some games 

I always had a soft spot for Brighton, like a kid brother done well - in that they lost the 2nd Div to us on the last day, came up with us (and stayed up four years)… They’ve been a decent barometer to mark our (shite) progress.

Next time we play them will be the last time any comparison can be made :lol:

4 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Has anyone seen this? And does anyone know if he's a fake ITK Gobshite?

The Saudi's going to lift or rebuild his Wirral home on Tyneside? I know they like a construction challenge or two but that's impressive.

22 minutes ago, HTT II said:

My own thoughts are that they’ve had several candidates lined up, interviewed a few and were all ready to go, then they become aware of somoene better/more suited but is in a contract/a job and that’s the hold up. I reckon it’s Rafa, Gerrard or the Dutch guy.

Been reported from the start, from people close to the new owners, that this will probably drag out until the November international break.

I don’t know if anyone bothered with those overlap debates on YouTube, but I recall Carragher telling the Everton fan that Rafa would leave for Newcastle if the chance came along. He might have just been winding him up though.

15 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Has anyone seen this? And does anyone know if he's a fake ITK Gobshite?

Read something else just this morning saying Rafa had informed the club via intermediaries that he will not be coming back, as he does not want to turn his back on his agreement with Everton.

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

I don’t know if anyone bothered with those overlap debates on YouTube, but I recall Carragher telling the Everton fan that Rafa would leave for Newcastle if the chance came along. He might have just been winding him up though.

Yeah I watched that. He was trying to wind up the Everton fan, but I think he does genuinely believe that Rafa would come back if seriously offered the job. The Everton fan did make some good points about how the FFP rules have pretty much screwed them over even though their owners are loaded. They have money, but can’t spend it - this is the scenario we will face ourselves soon I’m sure 

42 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

If we get the right guy it won't take long before he turns "unwinnable" games into winnable ones. How many games did we feel were unwinnable under Rafa?

Unwinnable games being the top 6 or whatever, we'd be naive to assume we can bridge that gap quickly. 

Just now, andyc35i said:

Yeah I watched that. He was trying to wind up the Everton fan, but I think he does genuinely believe that Rafa would come back if seriously offered the job. The Everton fan did make some good points about how the FFP rules have pretty much screwed them over even though their owners are loaded. They have money, but can’t spend it - this is the scenario we will face ourselves soon I’m sure 

Only if we buy poorly like they did, they are also at the max of their commercial potential until they move to their new stadium, where as because of Ashley we’re at our minimum commercial potential 

4 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Only if we buy poorly like they did, they are also at the max of their commercial potential until they move to their new stadium, where as because of Ashley we’re at our minimum commercial potential 

Fair point. Although these new rules coming in are going screw our commercial plans just as hard. Although I look forward to seeing how we get around this. How fun will it be when we sell the naming rights in advance of building the new training ground and then once it’s built renegotiate the deal.

12 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Unwinnable games being the top 6 or whatever, we'd be naive to assume we can bridge that gap quickly. 

Outside of Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City there are points to be had.