Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Imagine if someone told you beginning of the season the takeover will go through and Bruce will be gone come October, you'd tell them they'd been smoking on spice. New consortium have barely been here a month, already people were moaning they took too long to sack Bruce, taking too long to find a manager. Jesus christ man.

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Why does the surname ten Hag have the ten in lower case?

The dutch have some great names - anyone remember Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink? and the back of his shirt?? [emoji38]

I think ten hag means 'by the way' or something. There are some funny translations like, always loved how Gattuso means 'cat like'

50 minutes ago, wfmk2 said:

I love the way the bookies don't have a clue what's going on. Fonseca now up to 6/1. Best price for Favre is 4/1.

Whoever is running this recruitment drive is keeping it impressively watertight. 

The bookies are loving it. 

8 minutes ago, Menace said:

Imagine if someone told you beginning of the season the takeover will go through and Bruce will be gone come October, you'd tell them they'd been smoking on spice. New consortium have barely been here a month, already people were moaning they took too long to sack Bruce, taking too long to find a manager. Jesus christ man.

It's an indicator of what we are going to have to put up with when the club aren't signing Mbappe/Haaland/Salah within the next few years. There is an element in our support who unfortunately do live up to the deluded Geordie stereotype. Thankfully I think they are amongst a very small minority.

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

It's not the bookies who don't have a clue, it's punters who are driving the market.

Yup. I’m part of the problem (currently 3 bets on next NUFC manager) but I love a flutter on this market. Don’t think I’ve ever won once but still, can’t help myself. [emoji38]

44 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

This is moving from a thorough process to indecisiveness.

I genuinely don't understand the delay. They've been in over 3 weeks and this is THE decision they have to make!

This is what the process should be:

1) you compile your list

2) You go after your no.1 targets (DoF and Manager) and you ask if they're interested. If they are great, offer them the deal. 

3) If person above doesn't want it go to next on list and so on and so on.

All the pissing about speaking to all and sundry looks amateurish to me!

Relentless. 

Not sure why some people are getting so flustered at the moment. It must be some sort of learned trauma from the previous regime. 

Just look at where we're at. Ashley is gone, we have new owners that (appear) to care about the club and the area, and Bruce is gone. Chelsea is a free hit, and the new owners want to get the right people in. Say we go down this season? We will still have the richest owners in club football, we will still come back up - how many of us were saying we'd take league one with no ashley as long as we had ambitious owners? Okay, so maybe while we're out of the division the owners and directors test gets changed, do we really think that'll stick? Money talks. There was many of us clamouring to be taken over by just about anyone, Bin Zayed Group?! Just imagine how much of a shitshow that could've been. We need to relax a bit, regardless of what happens on the pitch it is now guaranteed to get better, we have hope. Waiting another week to get another manager in is nothing compared to over a decade of waiting for new ownership, and not only did we get new owners, we hit the jackpot. Let's chill out.

Edited by cookidge
typos galore

11 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Yup. I’m part of the problem (currently 3 bets on next NUFC manager) but I love a flutter on this market. Don’t think I’ve ever won once but still, can’t help myself. [emoji38]

If I’d to bet on this market I’d bet Rafa. 

52 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

I genuinely don't understand the delay. They've been in over 3 weeks and this is THE decision they have to make!

1) you compile your list

2) You go after your no.1 targets (DoF and Manager) and you ask if they're interested. If they are great, offer them the deal. 

Mag

1 hour ago, wfmk2 said:

I love the way the bookies don't have a clue what's going on. Fonseca now up to 6/1. Best price for Favre is 4/1.

Whoever is running this recruitment drive is keeping it impressively watertight. 

You do know that bookies don't set their prices on what they think will happen ?

It's only ten Hag if you say his first name before it I believe, if you just say "Ten Hag" then it should be captilised. 

It's gets more complicated with "Van" because if it's Belgian origin you always capitilise it, if its Dutch you don't. Wout van Aert is Belgian, but his name is Dutch origin so you don't capitilise. 

1 hour ago, New Beginnings said:

1) you compile your list

Didn't realise we had such expertise on the forum. Thanks for the insight.

1 hour ago, New Beginnings said:

1) you compile your list

I think our brilliant new owners intend to get their decision on our D o F and Head Coach 100% correct.

That they will do, and they will take (whatever is) the appropriate length of time in order to achieve that.

Just W A I T !!!

35 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

1) you compile your list

You buy the club and the sale gets pushed through quicker than expected once the hurdle was removed, catching you on the fly
Your no.1 target is now in another job - the guy you would've hired quickly if he was available
You don't yet know the hierarchy of the board
You need to figure out whether to bring in a short term manager to get you out of trouble and then a more long term appointment or if they can be the same person

You need to get footballing advisers in place to help you through the first few months, but they may already be in work because the sale got pushed through so quickly

You want a D.O.F in place to be part of the process of hiring a manager

It could be any number of things FFS. They're trying to restructure an entire company that has been run into the ground for the past 14 and you want them to rush the most important decision?! Get a grip!