Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

That’s one big if to be fair 

I think the great news is we have some decent options and the financial muscle to get them. 

The reality is we’d now be absolutely fucked under Ashley with no chance of Bruce being sacked.

Whilst I get frustrations with the delay, ultimately at least we know we now have the people to try and fix this. They’ll be doing everything in their power to get us out of this make no mistake.

3 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Italy's central defenders were all fantastic players and they generally still are. The only one Belgium have had is Kompany and he retired ages ago.

Alderweireld and Vertonghen while not quite as good were still excellent when they had that extra yard of pace, they were hardly plodders.

The problem with lampard is it took Thomas Tuchel literally 1 training session to fix their defensive issues. 1 Session. Doesn't speak highly of knowing what he's doing tbh.

Edited by Tiresias

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I think the great news is we have some decent options and the financial muscle to get them. 

The reality is we’d now be absolutely fucked under Ashley with no chance of Bruce being sacked.

Whilst I get frustrations with the delay, ultimately at least we know we now have the people to try and fix this. They’ll be doing everything in their power to get us out of this make no mistake.

Yep no criticism from me until we know who the new manager is 

28 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Another game tossed off then. 11 games without a win here we come. Fuck off.

:lol: Probably not going to win it with a new manager. We're fucking rank and it'll be impossible to turn around given the timeline. Jones has as much chance at a fluke win the same as Favre, Fonseca, whoever. :lol: 

So many on here too desperate for an appointment with the utmost immediacy. Have any of you hired or managed people in your profession? Hiring is fucking hard, hiring the right person is even harder and hiring a football manager is so niche. That's why setting us up for the short/long or term will take a month bare minimum. 

Ashley has fucked us since coming back up by not investing in the squad, keeping Rafa or being capable of properly running a football club for the past 14+ years. Bruce was the tip of the shit stick and his limitations have put us in our current predicament. Fuck that guy and anyone who said he did a good job here. 

I'd rather our new board take the appropriate amount of time, process, to hire the RIGHT people to shape this club to never be in our current position ever again. Even if they only last 3-5years, we need short term stability and foresight to set the club up with the proper infrastructure to be an elite club, not just in England, but throughout Europe. 

If we go down, so what, we build from the Championship with a youth movement and the right players to complement the spine of the squad that comes back up and terrorizes the Prem for years to come. 

I'm not deterred one iota by our current shiteness, because we'll be a force in the not too distant future if we have the right minds in place for sustained success. 

HOWAY THE FUCKING LADS! 

Edited by The Bonk

Ideally announced Thursday. Meets some of the players and give input to Jones who takes the Brighton game with the new manager in the stands.

Sounds like we are narrowed down. Whomever is on the final shortlist will be working and planning assuming they get the call to jump in right away.

In terms of indecision of faffing around announcing this, the picture might become clearer when the manager is appointed or maybe we will never know. There are simply too many variables to give the new ownership grief or get knickers in a twist.

Might be waiting for managers on the "A list" who are interested and obviously better than others, reliant on the DoF they want or a litany of other variables that comes taking over a club that has been mismanaged in almost every area.

Either way next weekend is cut off point. We have reached end game, I am sure of that. This weekend always was. We can all hopefully stop shitting the bed and back whomever they appoint to get us through this season.

That Telegraph article makes me sick. Why does Edwards keep pushing for Lampard and now Terry?! What kind of moron thinks those guys should get the job for goodness sake. If the new folks fall prey to the whole premier league experience thing and get in one of those jokers we are done for.

If they really do decide it has to be someone that knows the league and someone who is available like that stupid article says then just go and get AVB. 

10 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Luke wants another PFM because he needs one of them for a chance of a friendship. He knows a real manager won't be taking him for free lunches. 

Honestly I will be fuming if we get anyone he's pushing for in. The guy is impossibly clueless.

Just now, KaKa said:

That Telegraph article makes me sick. Why does Edwards keep pushing for Lampard and now Terry?! What kind of moron thinks those guys should get the job for goodness sake. If the new folks fall prey to the whole premier league experience thing and get in one of those jokers we are done for.

If they really do decide it has to be someone that knows the league and someone who is available like that stupid article says then just go and get AVB. 

Can't deviate from his PFM supporting mandate and I imagine he'd love to snuggle up to them like he did Bruce. Also, Edwards knows it'll wind up most of the supporters. He's a cunt.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We are down with either of those 2.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Thats-bait-young-sir.gifEdwards will print whatever will be controversial  and what will polarise the fan base. He’s a classic click bait cunt of a journalist. Hopefully he  will never get a sniff from the new regime due to his constant antagonist style of wind up shit house journalism!

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Luke wants to create outrage so people read his articles. 

4 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Thats-bait-young-sir.gifEdwards will print whatever will be controversial  and what will polarise the fan base. He’s a classic click bait cunt of a journalist. Hopefully he  will never get a sniff from the new regime due to his constant antagonist style of wind up shit house journalism!

If that is what he is doing he is incredibly stupid. Thanks for the heads up though, not reading anything he puts out again.

Just now, KaKa said:

If that is what he is doing he is incredibly stupid. Thanks for the heads up though, not reading anything he puts out again.

Absolutley. He was a WUM of the highest order throughout the takeover and sticking up for Bruce. Printing shit like terry and lampard is done with the full knowledge most fans that gave him pelters would bite and hate the prospect of either being mentioned.

Let's say it's John Terry, or even Wayne fucking Rooney, in a worst case scenario (I hope [emoji38]), I will still pledge to get behind them.

It's not because I rate them, or because I think they would be a good choice even in the medium term, but because if by me and other fans getting behind them we get an extra 5% out of the team and somehow stay up, it will be a great thing.

Once we have got through this season, we can see where we are, see what recruitment is needed and see whether the decision they made was the right one.

This isn't MAs NUFC anymore, they aren't going to stick by some clown while we sink into the abyss. We also have to accept the potential for mistakes. That doesn't mean they shouldn't take criticism, just that it needs a caveat beside it.

They want what's best for us, I believe, that's enough for me... for now.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Its incredibly successful unfortunately.

Outrage leads to comments, shares and ultimately page views. Look at the amount of times his material is shared on this forum. TalkSport do exactly the same.

I couldn't be more on board with them taking their time to get the right appointment, but they could really do with reaching that moment pretty sharpish. The team desperately needs a boost and new ideas, and it's absolutely critical we get at least a couple of wins on the board before that awful run of fixtures in December. So, yeah, take your time and get it right - but please factor in the increasingly urgent context. 

International break will come at a very good time but we could really do with the new guy at least having eyes on the Brighton game.

11 minutes ago, STM said:

Let's say it's John Terry, or even Wayne fucking Rooney, in a worst case scenario (I hope [emoji38]), I will still pledge to get behind them.

It's not because I rate them, or because I think they would be a good choice even in the medium term, but because if by me and other fans getting behind them we get an extra 5% out of the team and somehow stay up, it will be a great thing.

Once we have got through this season, we can see where we are, see what recruitment is needed and see whether the decision they made was the right one.

This isn't MAs NUFC anymore, they aren't going to stick by some clown while we sink into the abyss. We also have to accept the potential for mistakes. That doesn't mean they shouldn't take criticism, just that it needs a caveat beside it.

They want what's best for us, I believe, that's enough for me... for now.

Think is , every season we never improve the squad and it lies at the door of one man , we know who. The blame game has to stop , we are stuck with this shit . I pity the next manager as he’s on a hiding to nothing trying to get these to perform mind .

Will these players have the will to fight now? They know they will be peddled soon . I’m sure they aren’t thinking this but the whole situation is just twatty timing . I’m cool if the worst happen if as others have said they stick with th3 project .It may be best all round .

Question , if we go down is there any restrictions on what we can spend? 

Edited by GWN