Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Good appointment, he deserves a chance at a club with the right ambition and the funds to achieve it The job he did at Bournemouth was remarkable, taking them through the tiers and then surviving in the PL playing football as it should be played, the final season was riddled with injuries and if he had a few more games, they may have well stayed up. Fact is, he experienced the downs and this will stand him in good stead for the coming months at Newcastle. I don't think Emery was the right fit and as one poster says above "lucky to have Eddie" Hopefully everyone will back him and especially the fans, it wont be easy and even if the relegation happens then back him again, let him build like he did at Bournemouth it would be good to see an English manager finally win something and, with the right progressive brand of football. Good luck, the PL will be a better place with a strong Newcastle United just hope you get use to finishing second to City :)  

46 minutes ago, Gordyola said:

Good appointment, he deserves a chance at a club with the right ambition and the funds to achieve it The job he did at Bournemouth was remarkable, taking them through the tiers and then surviving in the PL playing football as it should be played, the final season was riddled with injuries and if he had a few more games, they may have well stayed up. Fact is, he experienced the downs and this will stand him in good stead for the coming months at Newcastle. I don't think Emery was the right fit and as one poster says above "lucky to have Eddie" Hopefully everyone will back him and especially the fans, it wont be easy and even if the relegation happens then back him again, let him build like he did at Bournemouth it would be good to see an English manager finally win something and, with the right progressive brand of football. Good luck, the PL will be a better place with a strong Newcastle United just hope you get use to finishing second to City :)  

Welcome mate.

Not sure whether this is the right thread but here is my suggestion for an Eddie Howe song based on Dirty Old Town:

I met Sir Bob, by the Leazes Stand

Asked Bob-by, whose the boss to be

He said my son, there’s only one for me

Eddie O’Howe

Eddie O’Howe

of course he got the name slightly wrong as was his wont.

alternatively (optimistic version)

Eddie Howe, Eddie Howe

Coming down the Tyne

Eddie Howe, Eddie Howe

In the nick of time

Feared by the sad

Loved by the toon

Eddie Howe, Eddie Howe, Eddie Howe

(Less optimistic version)

Eddie Howe, Eddie Howe - Sailing Up the Tyne

Eddie Howe, Eddie Howe - Has he come in time?

Will he keep us up?

Will he take us down?

Edited by Toontimes

2 hours ago, sh74 said:

Personally think we are lucky to have him. 

Genuinely beginning to think it might well have been a blessing in disguise that we got him instead.

Think Emery is going to have major regrets. I imagine he didn't even have the sense to give Rafa a ring to get more info on the new bunch and the club before his major panic move.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Genuinely beginning to think it might well have been a blessing in disguise that we got him instead.

Think Emery is going to have major regrets. I imagine he didn't even have the sense to give Rafa a ring to get more info on the new bunch and the club before his major panic move.

Yes his talk about not being protected enough at Arsenal. Possibly too fragile for us. Eddie could be the new “one” to lead us onwards and upwards! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Edited by PauloGeordio

29 minutes ago, Toontimes said:

Not sure whether this is the right thread but here is my suggestion for an Eddie Howe song based on Dirty Old Town:

I met Sir Bob, by the Leazes Stand

Asked Bob-by, whose the boss to be

He said my son, there’s only one for me

Eddie O’Howe

Eddie O’Howe

of course he got the name slightly wrong as was his wont.

alternatively

Eddie Howe, Eddie Howe - Sailing Up the Tyne

Eddie Howe, Eddie Howe - Has he come in time?

Will he keep us up?

Will he take us down?

Put it in the songbook thread.

Quite like the bottom one and it’s a good song to sing to. Not sure about the up/down lines though. 

Now that I know more about his dedication to football, his work ethics and self-improvement over these few days, I want him to succeed with us. Hope he gets the same reception from our fanbase too.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Just wait till the pundits, Edwards and Holt start comparing his record with Bruce, whilst ignoring how much of a mess he left the club in and how much it will take to put it right 

I’ll reactivate my Twitter account to have a go at Edwards if that happens. It’ll be an honour getting him to block me.

31 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This. I have a sneaking feeling he’s going to be great for us and we’re going to love the bloke once he brings us success. 

A first trophy 🏆 for Eddie and us in decades via a cup would be perfect. 

Would have preferred Emry but thinking logically, no top manager is going to come here with relegation looming over our shoulder.   

Ashley gone, Bruce gone and now we can look forward, probably filled with lots of ups and downs but at least we can start the process. 

Let the rebuild begin. I'm all in, lets see where we end up. 

One thing to be quite excited about is the fact that Emery clearly had decided to come here before he changed his mind.

For a manager of his pedigree at a CL club to have been so close to willing to jump ship to our current squad and league position does indicate that there's gonna be a lot of investment and funds available for the new manager.

Let's hope Howe makes the most of it. Any of the things I've seen or read make it very easy to root for the guy.

9 minutes ago, Shak said:

One thing to be quite excited about is the fact that Emery clearly had decided to come here before he changed his mind.

For a manager of his pedigree at a CL club to have been so close to willing to jump ship to our current squad and league position does indicate that there's gonna be a lot of investment and funds available for the new manager.

Let's hope Howe makes the most of it. Any of the things I've seen or read make it very easy to root for the guy.

Would be like Thauvin all over again but worse.

Between the articles (telegraph one was insanely good read) and all the videos, he’s just a class and committed guy. Seems a really cool character too - that video of him cutting it up with Wilson was awesome. 

Let's be honest, Emery is very comfortable at Villareal. Not often a manager is genuinely wanted by their fans, like Rafa was with us.

He's probably made the right decision to stick by their club and their fans. However I suspect he has peaked, in terms of what he can a achieve there.

For his sake, I hope his stock doesn't drop because he decided to stay there a couple of years too long because if that happens, one of the worlds big clubs won't take him on again.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I’m getting a lot of incel vibes surrounding the reporting on Amanda. People seem to be pissed there is a woman at such a high level 

Yea, it’s always “she needs to learn, she’s so naive” and “she needs to stop leaking stories to the press” etc. 

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

What? I don’t buy that for a second. It doesn’t make sense. 

Depends - do we want to pay a manager in the championship £11m a year?

we’ll probably never know the real reason; he probably just decided it wasn’t worth the risk.

23 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

This. I have a sneaking feeling he’s going to be great for us and we’re going to love the bloke once he brings us success. 

A first trophy 🏆 for Eddie and us in decades via a cup would be perfect. 

Not saying we could end up with a Eddie howe statue next to sir Bobby...but we're going to end up with a Eddie howe statue next to sir Bobby 🤣😁

(Joke btw)