Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Depends - do we want to pay a manager in the championship £11m a year?

we’ll probably never know the real reason; he probably just decided it wasn’t worth the risk.

Can’t see that figure being a hurdle in building up the club whether it be from the Championship or Prem.

Anyways, I think you’re right in that Emery is somewhat risk averse and possibly felt guilty leaving the club a 1/3 of the way through the season. 

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

:lol: them but also like the slew of articles 'CAN'T BELIEVE AMANDA ASKED THIS QUESTION!!! FOOTBALL PEOPLE ARE SHOCKED!'

Like I always say at work; the only stupid question to ask is the one you didn't and something went wrong.

The whole setup is new, she's not daft but will be surrounded by football people trying to catch her out to either bring her down or earn some money from it. She has to be the brightest person in the room at all times, not even the self proclaimed feminist of football Karen Brady has her back, she really is up against it. Im sure she's used to it, just see how incredibly bad Barclays treated her and talked about her behind her back. 

Just now, GWN said:

This fucker confirmed yet [emoji38]

Put it this way, it kind of has to be confirmed in the next 4 hours, since he's going to be in the stands vs Brighton. [emoji38]

Reckon it's done, just waiting for them to tell us.

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Delaney's ' wow they can't get ove the stuff she's asking!!' as if eeryone in football is Ryan Cohen. Such bullshit.

I completely ignore that tool and his ridiculous bias. Good point, though.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Put it this way, it kind of has to be confirmed in the next 4 hours, since he's going to be in the stands vs Brighton. [emoji38]

Reckon it's done, just waiting for them to tell us.

If it isn't confirmed before he sits in the stands, he might well do a runner after watching us play.

Just now, ManDoon said:

I'm starting to get a bit anxious about it, yeah.

turn off the computer - go and enjoy the day and then check back in later........Anxiety gone.

Im just going to do that now - have a great day!

I hope the backroom staff aren’t being a bit needy and that Newcastle is a long way from home perhaps. Or, that there’s a job for the boys element. They’re pissing me off a bit now. This is a massive opportunity, they should be all buzzing for this. I don’t want anyone coming in who isn’t 100% invested in the job or needs excessive persuasion.

4 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Got a similar feel to how it went at Celtic. Was waiting for confirmation for few days and they were sorting backroom staff out and suddenly he pulked out. Be disappointed if it happened here and I don't think it will but its definitely a carbon copy of Celtic 

Come on, man.  :lol:  

3 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

I’m not convinced some of the replies to that Tweet are real people. 

“This stinks of Celtic!!! FFS!!!” Give over, man. :lol: 

Well issues with the backroom staff is why he walked away from Celtic 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Well issues with the backroom staff is why he walked away from Celtic 

After the Emery situation, I doubt this will collapse and if it does, then there’s going to be hell on from fans, media, etc.

Howe has a position of strength to negotiate from, but I am of the opinion it’s mostly working through contractual logistics, terms and these things take time. Speaks to the character of Howe that he won’t sign until everyone else is sorted.