Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

After the Emery situation, I doubt this will collapse and if it does, then there’s going to be hell on from fans, media, etc.

Howe has a position of strength to negotiate from, but I am of the opinion it’s mostly working through contractual logistics, terms and these things take time. Speaks to the character of Howe that he won’t sign until everyone else is sorted.

I think it’ll still go thru I was just stating it’s the very reason things dragged on and then failed with Celtic 

4 minutes ago, ianovthetoon said:

Maybe the back room issue is he doesn’t want Jones? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I can't help thinking this, consortium maybe shouldn't have guaranteed him tenure at the club without the next manager in place.

Edited by cookidge
Maybe it's to do with Jones' role opposed to him being there or not

2 minutes ago, ianovthetoon said:

Maybe the back room issue is he doesn’t want Jones? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

No not the case, Jones did work with them before and they get on well. The structure of the back room might be an issue, as Jones said, he’s not going to stay just to be putting the cones out.

They will have to come up with something that’s obviously a demotion, without it looking like one.

The whole thing of a DoF coming in though might complicate things, this person is going to have to have faith in the ethos Eddie Howe brings and set up that structure accordingly. Think for this reason it’s going to be someone like the guy at City who’s running their youth setup as opposed to an Overmars or a Campos etc.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

We shouldn't just let him do what he wants and bring in who he wants like, we need to plan for the future and we need a top class structure in place. You would hope he would be on board with that.

The project is too big to be running the club like he's probably used to.

Exactly

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

We shouldn't just let him do what he wants and bring in who he wants like, we need to plan for the future and we need a top class structure in place. You would hope he would be on board with that.

The project is too big to be running the club like he's probably used to.

Yes. The only person I'd feel comfortable directing infrastructure building is Rafa. Otherwise they're here to coach.

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

reported that we wanted a termination clause inserted if we got relegated.

1 hour ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Really? So he actually, therefore, was going to commit to us even if we went down?  

I assumed be was unhappy the termination clause would mean no payout rather than he wanted to stay.

If that was the reason of course :dontknow: