Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I’d be permanently angry if I had to live in Burnley too.

I'm old enough to remember Leighton James. Great player. Also went to school with Trevor Steven who was scouted by our teacher, Wilf Renton, who scouted for Burnley.

27 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I'm old enough to remember Leighton James. Great player. Also went to school with Trevor Steven who was scouted by our teacher, Wilf Renton, who scouted for Burnley.

haha a fellow berwicker! 

8 hours ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

https://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=53819

He's a Burnley fan and his chemistry teacher choked it 

As the legend John Cooper Clarke said "I'll tell you now and I'll tell you firmly
I don't never want to go to Burnley
What they do there don't concern me
Why would anybody make the journey?"

1 minute ago, Heron said:

The fucking Mackems say we turn on our managers man :lol: what a set of utter fucking wankshafts. 

It’s been none stop love for Howe in the stands which proves to me, fans are genuinely happy to have someone back in the dugout who may not be the best or may not succeed, but is clearly motivated to get the best possible out of the team and the situation we are in, very similar to Rafa really. And last night we were so well organised in attack we really should have won. Very promising, again, give him his own team and quality players and we will do very well in my opinion. Sadly I still think it won’t be in the PL next season as I feel we are destined to go down, 1 win in 19 is a hard obstacle to build on even with new players brought in.

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It’s been none stop love for Howe in the stands which proves to me, fans are genuinely happy to have someone back in the dugout who may not be the best or may not succeed, but is clearly motivated to get the best possible out of the team and the situation we are in, very similar to Rafa really. And last night we were so well organised in attack we really should have won. Very promising, again, give him his own team and quality players and we will do very well in my opinion. Sadly I still think it won’t be in the PL next season as I feel we are destined to go down, 1 win in 19 is a hard obstacle to build on even with new players brought in.

We're not far enough adrift to consider ourselves down for me. A win vs Everton isn't out of our reach but I'd ideally like us to target postponements for the next two if it's at all possible. Beating Watford at home is imperative. 

37 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Long gone, soz. x

That chodbus keeps popping back for a look in. I’d like to have asked him why he made his hounding out statement although I guess he knows fuck all about us and believes the talksport fucktards. 
Either that or that log burner of his has a blocked flue and it’s slowly poisoning him. 

Just now, Heron said:

We're not far enough adrift to consider ourselves down for me. A win vs Everton isn't out of our reach but I'd ideally like us to target postponements for the next two if it's at all possible. Beating Watford at home is imperative. 

I just think it’s a tall order to suddenly go and win enough games in the latter half of this season to stay up when we have won just once all season and have conceded a record number of goals on 2021. I want us to stay up of course, but if we don’t, it won’t detract (for me) the progress we will make as a club going forward or can be blamed on the owners or Howe. The damage done to our club under Ashley has already had us relegated twice and we were destined to do the same again under him or a manager like Bruce eventually again, and they are going to be the reasons why if we do so again even if under new owners and a new manager now.

18 hours ago, HTT II said:

Agree, the fans are definitely on board. The results haven't been great, but the chants of "Eddie Howe's black and white army" were ringing out at St James on Monday night. Fans aren't daft, they can see when a team is doing everything right, even if they don't have the quality to get the results. 

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Agree, the fans are definitely on board. The results haven't been great, but the chants of "Eddie Howe's black and white army" were ringing out at St James on Monday night. Fans aren't daft, they can see when a team is doing everything right, even if they don't have the quality to get the results. 

And that’s why we loved Rafa, despite the media narrative that we played boring negative football just like Brucie who was unloved, the difference being Rafa knew what the fuck he was doing and so did the players under him. 

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

Amen 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Rafa

Shite….I overlooked him for some bizarre reason!! 😬🤦‍♂️Just felt like we’d been stuck with Bruce forever! 

Edited by Manxst

Trippier pretty glowing in his praise about Howe, mentioned a couple of times how he enjoyed working with him, and how they'd kept in touch. Also said something about the training sessions being very thorough or words to that effect. 

From a lesser player it might not mean that much, but when you are talking about one of the world's best right backs, it carries a lot more weight.