Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

That was honestly one of the best performance's from an NUFC team in years, the way pressured, the way we where direct in attack was class, and for the most part defended well. Excruciating we didn't win that. 

Just now, 54 said:

That was honestly one of the best performance's from an NUFC team in years, the way pressured, the way we where direct in attack was class, and for the most part defended well. Excruciating we didn't win that. 

100% agree

Very Rafa like in terms of tactics, but more goal threat and we deserved to win, give him the right players and we will excel under him. Very impressed tonight.

This is shaping up rather nicely. That performance should be the benchmark. If so, we’re in for a fun second half of the season. Onwards and upwards! Just a shame we couldn’t wrap it up today, should’ve won that to be honest. By far the better team and the increase in pressing, fitness, team shape and balance is like night and day. It’s almost like he knows what he’s doing. 

I love how brave he is in terms of not just trying not to lose, we are seeing signs that we are going after teams even if it’s not in possession, but in transitions and trying to create chances. We are going for wins basically!

There's no one else I want managing the club right now than wor Eddie. 

The injuries are going to take a toll but I honestly think we'll get the half dozen signings we need in January and really push on, whether that's enough to keep us up is another thing entirely but things seem to be starting to click and the whole club feels in sync. Even when Rafa first came in it took him a few games to figure stuff out but now we've got the time, money, will, ownership and we're still in touch with the teams around us (I actually pity their games in hand). 

All this is based on absolutely nothing, I have to say! I'm actually buzzing a bit after this game, it's Christmas, been on the red wine for a few days and just witnessed Joelinton boss it like prime Viera. 

I really like what he's doing with what we have like. It gets a bit hairy at times but picking Clark aside I can usually see what he's trying and he absolutely feels like a Newcastle manager imo. His style and our historical style are hand in glove.