Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

The thing I love is that it doesn't feel like we're just riding our luck, riding on a wave of positivity, relying on a talisman, or pure defensive organisation to squeeze out results. There's a clear and obvious game plan that you see in every game and it often involves us either dominating possession or being smart with it. It's been a gradual process of the same thing from game 1, without any kneejerk changes in our style. Now we're starting to see the benefits, even without literally our 3 best players.

That's all down to Howe, Tindal, and the players for reacting to it. Seriously impressed.

Just watched his short stint on football focus today because I'm an absolute whore for anything nufc at the min. 

Fuckin love the bloke.  Feel like a pure prick for being underwhelmed when he was first announced. 

Guest reefatoon

Feel so confident going into every game now, just feel like we are going to win. All down to Eddie this. Massive difference he has made to how we all feel towards the team and a massive difference in how the players now perform. Done an absolutely amazing job.

8 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Just watched his short stint on football focus today because I'm an absolute whore for anything nufc at the min. 

Fuckin love the bloke.  Feel like a pure prick for being underwhelmed when he was first announced. 

Yep. I doubted him, but wanted best for him. Wondered if he was right man, wrong moment towards end of last year. More than happy to eat my words, Howe has come good in style and just when we needed it.

13 minutes ago, Wilson said:

love this mate 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Schar, Willock, Shelvey, Joelinton & Fraser looked lost causes until he came in. Even ignoring the new signings, that’s half of the team who are bang in form that were lost.

Eddie called it , he said the folk here will keep us up ……fucking 100% right 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Schar, Willock, Shelvey, Joelinton & Fraser looked lost causes until he came in. Even ignoring the new signings, that’s half of the team who are bang in form that were lost.

Insane how bad Bruce was really looking at everything.

And the players who are real lost causes are quietly eased out. Was just watching a "Raphinha - Crazy Goals and Skills" video, and seeing Matt Ritchie hook him round the neck whilst playing at left-back made my fucking eyes bleed. 

Targett, Burn and a Wood type (disregarding the clause we never would have met) was feasible under Bruce/Ashley yet the organisation and form that stems from it never were.

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Its some performance from Howe and his team, even accepting the neglect and laze of the previous manager, the individuals, team collective, the organisation. Defence back to Rafa levels. Even some of the darker stuff.

5 minutes ago, papo said:

Really liked how he instantly reacted to the Brentford subs today when they brought in Eriksen and Toney, then Bruno came and the formation was changed too. 

Certainly noticed him actively changing the shape and formation the last few games. Which is positive. As I’m sure Bournemouth fans said one of his flaws is not being able to adapt mid-game? 

I'm now realising I'm not worried about us slumping back into it anymore. That would need pre Howe form and we just aren't that team anymore. It took him a little while but he's shaken off the Malaise and has turned round that loser mentality, it's incredible. Imagine him once he gets ASM, Tripps, Wilson and Bruno in the same lineup. 

He’s doing class so far. Even early on when we weren’t getting results you could see what he was trying to do, we were just making individual errors which cost us. The players clearly like him and his back room staff. We look ten times fitter, it’s amazing what happens when you actually spend time at the training ground. It’s got to be a positive for team bonding aswell.

It’s still very early days and I’m trying not to get ahead of myself but we could potentially have a top level manager on our hands here all ready. He seems bright, open to new ideas and very hardworking. 

When was the last time we went on a run of only conceding 4 goals in 7 games. Just had a quick look, and I don't think its happened at all during Rafa's reign, and since we got relegated. Which is impressive of itself.

We'd all pretty much written this squad off when he came in, simply not good enough, not enough quality to keep us up, the same squad Rafa had but 3 years older. What a difference he's made, slowly and steadily they look like different players. It can't be overstated the change in most of this squad, his January moves have certainly made a difference but its the core of what was already there that has catapulted us to a 7 game unbeaten run.

I for one will hold my hands up and say I was underwhelmed but hopeful when he came in but he's smashed my expectations. I just hope he can grow with the squad because he deserves to take us to the next level.