Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Love how competitive we are. Rafa had us organised but it was very much a "Frustrate them by sitting back until they get complacent and then hit them" organisation. Eddie has us go up against the opposition and unsettle the from the first minute. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching us this much. 

6 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Love how competitive we are. Rafa had us organised but it was very much a "Frustrate them by sitting back until they get complacent and then hit them" organisation. Eddie has us go up against the opposition and unsettle the from the first minute. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching us this much. 

Agreed. Its so fucking good looking forward to match day again. Not being concerned about the opposition, knowing we are being set up to get a result whoever we are up against.

Onwards and upwards :indi:

6 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

I can think of one game under Bruce that we looked a proper side.. and that was away against Bournemouth..  really believe not many teams want to play us at the moment under howe.. light years a head of what we were.

The game against Everton, Jones first game, was decent, too. 

Loved hearing Willock (I think it was) saying that they've been working in training on playing against 10 men.

It's a simple thing but I'm feeling so enthusiastic again about hearing stuff like this.
Million miles away from "Let's play".

14 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Looking at that fat fucking embarrassment at West Brom and feeling proud to have a proper manager at my club is just :sweetjesus:

It's been sooooo long since we've had nice things. :lol: I need to shake off the feeling we don't deserve it. 

On 27/02/2022 at 23:53, The Bonk said:

He’s class, wor Eddie. :aww:

I'm debating whether to start calling him Edward. Eddie sounds too unsophisticated for such a tactical master. He really needs a more impressive name like Eduardo van De Howe.

12 hours ago, The Bonk said:

It's been sooooo long since we've had nice things. :lol: I need to shake off the feeling we don't deserve it. 

Don't worry, global thermonuclear war is just around the corner to put us back in our place again.

This must've appeared somewhere in this thread before, but worth resurfacing if so.

A 2018 Tifo video on him, and it's surprisingly prescient. Including the sort of players he looks for when buying, his coaching and match preparation philosophy, as well as the ominous proposition that he could be England manager one day. His preference for looking at as-yet-unheralded youngsters was a bit hit-and-miss at Bournemouth, but is much more likely to reap dividends with more money and a much more professional scouting network. I dream of the day we become the Dortmund of the Premier League.

Hard to believe what he has achieved in less that 4 months.  Looking at us now, its hard to believe just how incredibly bad we were before he came in. Sure, it took a few weeks, but the tireless work he has put in has really paid off, and the transformation has been astonishing.  To top it off, he is a very likeable person who has clearly got the whole club right behind him.  It's fantastic to see and witness. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Would've loved Southgate but he's perfect where he is; doing a brilliant job in his position as the best England manager in my lifetime. 

Robson for me

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Would've loved Southgate but he's perfect where he is; doing a brilliant job in his position as the best England manager in my lifetime. 

Allardyce- 100% win record…. 

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It's not really worth posting or commenting on. Howe is not going anywhere.

I much as I agree with this, one of the things we need to be doing if we’re to become the well-run, well-functioning club we all hope, is to always have a list of potential managerial replacements lined up.

You never know when something can go tits up professionally or personally with any manager, so you’ve always got be ahead of the game in being ready with your replacement.

We were a million miles away from this approach under Ashley, but I’m confident with Ashworth coming in, we’ll be on it.

You only have to look at Man United since Ferguson to see how much damage a cack-handed approach to this does.

I hope Howe is at the helm for some years to come but if not, I'd rather we steer clear of Southgate.

His England stint feels like a perfect storm and I envisage him being another Chris Coleman if he moves back to club management.