Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Don't say any difference between our style under him and Bruce. Fluked another win.

I still can't believe how inane that argument was even after a handful of matches last season. :lol:

Love this man! He has every single player giving 110% for the shirt, the effort, commitment and workmate is amazing to see.

Not to mention the shape and turn around in certain players is frightening.

Hope he's here and successful for a very long time - class act!

yes he plays better football than rafa he also has been given Bruno ffs :D it's not a competition lol I will adore Rafa forever for signing on when he did and for doing what he did with class and dignity in very trying circumstances. Shouldn't be remembered as didn't play as good football as after the takeover lol

What this guy has done under a year man. Unbelievable.

Totally changed the culture of the club, the team and the playing style, giving us something to feel positive about in the maelstrom of shit that is living in this country atm.

Bless this man.

8 hours ago, Dokko said:

Is he better than Rafa?

Football is on a different imho. 

Can really compare to be honest. Rafa didn’t have the PIF backing him. 

and that’s not to take anything away from the gaffa who has transformed us. 

Was thinking today about how much better this team is to watch right now. Just the pressing us such a huge difference to some of the absolute shit we have been served up over the last couple decades. Defend deep and hoof it field, hope something happens and then get back in your shell to defend deep again. Jesus Christ ten years of that shit like.

Now as soon as we lose possession it looks like somebody kicked a hornets nest, it's just relentless until somebody on the opposition fucks up and kicks it out of bounds.

One of my absolute favorite things to watch in this burgeoning Eddie Howe era is how many times the goalkeeper punts a backpass out of bounds under pressure. It's usually good for two or three a game!

:joelinton:

I love it, it's the best football to watch imo and in the modern game it's very effective. 

It seems so obvious too, but it's obviously a lot harder to properly implament than it seems otherwise more managers would be doing to the same level.

Like most managers wouldn't have seen Joe Willock as a counter pressing machine 7-8 month ago but here we are :lol:

Edited by Hanshithispantz

5 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Can really compare to be honest. Rafa didn’t have the PIF backing him. 

and that’s not to take anything away from the gaffa who has transformed us. 

While any comparison is flawed given their owners, I think the recent achievements of both goes to show Howe is better. Rafa did a great job of making us a solid defensive team on a low budget, we still had lots of terrible spells and at times played dull football as a result of the style. He need completely bombed at Everton with a squad easily stronger on paper.

Howe conversely consistently made Bournemouth an overachieving side that played attractive football for a few years after great success getting them promoted up the leagues, despite a poor end. He then, however, developed himself whereas Rafa has been relying on an outdated style that hasn’t brought him near the amount of success in recent years. I think while Rafa you’d always respect too, Howe’s personality is that bit more infectious too while clearly working the players hard. 

Should have sacked Howe and got Rafa back when he was sacked by Everton though ;)

Enjoyed that browse I just had of the Villa forum. I don't hate the club by any means despite the seemingly typical disdain from their fans, but fuck I'm itching for the Scouse Souness to fail. Bet he was slagging off the players loads on his post-matchs.

1 hour ago, St. Maximin said:

While any comparison is flawed given their owners, I think the recent achievements of both goes to show Howe is better. Rafa did a great job of making us a solid defensive team on a low budget, we still had lots of terrible spells and at times played dull football as a result of the style. He need completely bombed at Everton with a squad easily stronger on paper.

Howe conversely consistently made Bournemouth an overachieving side that played attractive football for a few years after great success getting them promoted up the leagues, despite a poor end. He then, however, developed himself whereas Rafa has been relying on an outdated style that hasn’t brought him near the amount of success in recent years. I think while Rafa you’d always respect too, Howe’s personality is that bit more infectious too while clearly working the players hard. 

Should have sacked Howe and got Rafa back when he was sacked by Everton though ;)

What kind of nonsense is this? Let’s forget the two la ligas Rafa won with Valencia or his champions league winners medal. 

again totally stupid comparison both are fantastic managers. 

Guest reefatoon

Love Howe. Love what he is doing with the team, love the style of play he has implemented, so good to watch. Love the mentality and morale he has built up amongst the squad. But mainly I love how he has made me love my club again. This ride is going to be unbelievable. 

Edited by reefatoon

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

What kind of nonsense is this? Let’s forget the two la ligas Rafa won with Valencia or his champions league winners medal. 

again totally stupid comparison both are fantastic managers. 

Errr… So I make a polite, reasonable and detailed post and you come out with this. Classic Newcastle Online [emoji38]

You’re the one chatting nonsense seeing as you’re talking about events that happened 17+ years ago. I clearly mentioned I was specifically talking about recently, in which Rafa has clearly been less successful. No doubt he’s has had a very successful past, but that’s not what is currently relevant here. Seriously how you’ve jumped to that nonsense conclusion I’ll never know, but seems Rafa is untouchable due to achievements from many years ago…

Edited by St. Maximin

1 minute ago, St. Maximin said:

Errr… So I make a polite, reasonable and detailed post and you come out with this. Classic Newcastle Online [emoji38]

You’re the one chatting nonsense seeing as you’re talking about events that happened 17+ years ago. I clearly mentioned I was specifically talking about recently, in which Rafa has clearly been less successful. Seriously how you’ve junked to that conclusion I’ll never know but seems Rafa is untouchable due to achievements from many years ago…

Aye, I love Rafa but football has moved on a lot since then like [emoji38]

He's clearly no longer an elite manager, and as much as I appreciate having him here I'm glad he was never in contention to come back.