Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, prefabtoon said:

I hope Howe stays for a long time, But the southern press seem to be pushing him in the direction of the next England manager after Southgate.

Whatever happens to England in Qatar 2022. I think Southgate will go. If he has a poor tournament he will have no option.

Or if we do win the tournament where can he go from there.

Hope I'm wrong.

They can push all they like, he’ll not be taking it 

Yeah, I think what is annoying is this bizarre belief by cunts like Oliver Holt that any good Englishman would drop a dirty working class community club like Newcastle, for the chance to be treated like shit by the National Press.

As someone who loves working day to day with players, Eddie Howe isn't taking the England job, especially after harping on about fully commiting to a club.

Frankly, our guesses could have gone either way. And we are all going to be wrong about shit with incomplete information. My gripe will only be with people who:

a) overreact to rough patches

b) and self-vicitmize by saying shit like, "everyone laughed at me..."

Past opinions will only matter in that context. We all want Newcastle to be a force, and we are mainly pulling together. And the forum is so much the better for it.

56 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

If Howe took the England job and that’s a big if,you can guarantee Southgate will end up here.

Myleftnut more like. (I'd bet mine on this not happening.)

Edited by Doc

15 hours ago, prefabtoon said:

I hope Howe stays for a long time, But the southern press seem to be pushing him in the direction of the next England manager after Southgate.

Whatever happens to England in Qatar 2022. I think Southgate will go. If he has a poor tournament he will have no option.

Or if we do win the tournament where can he go from there.

Hope I'm wrong.

The England job is a massive downgrade on a Premier League job these days, especially the one he's currently got. Nowadays the England job is for the likes of Allardyce, McClaren, Hodgson, Southgate. It hasn't got the prestige it once had. It's for has beens or never was. No chance of him leaving us for England.

One thing I was curious about after listening to the podcast. 

In the podcast it gets mentioned that during his time out of management, he spent time at about 8 different clubs to learn. 

We know Atletico Madrid was one of them, do we know any of the others?

Just now, Joey47 said:

In the podcast it gets mentioned that during his time out of management, he spent time at about 8 different clubs to learn. 

He is friends with the ex Liverpool sporting director Michael Edwards so maybe Liverpool was one ?

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He is friends with the ex Liverpool sporting director Michael Edwards so maybe Liverpool was one ?

“Howe travelled to Spain to observe life at Atletico Madrid and Rayo Vallecano; watched the England national football team being put through their paces at St George's Park; and took in a training session and sat in on a couple of coaching meetings at rugby union side Saracens.

It was a while ago now but Howe also embarked on a fact-finding mission at Liverpool who Newcastle, of course, come up against at St James' Park on Saturday. Howe met a number of key figures at the club, including outgoing technical director Michael Edwards and academy director Alex Inglethorpe, and the 44-year-old certainly learned a lot from that particular visit.”

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-liverpool-eddie-howe-staff-23825343?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Intensity is our identity is the title of Pep Ljnders book and seems to be our mantra also.

I also feel like we have some similarities with the way Liverpool played in Klopp's early days. We've never really switched from the 4-3-3 formation since Howe implemented it and each position has a specific role and all the players know their roles perfectly. Klopp didn't have the best players in the league at the time but he found success with sticking to one style of play against any opposition they faced. 

I think although we stick to one formation and high intensity pressing trying to win the ball high up the pitch, managers still haven't found a way to specifically counter that. It reminds me of liverpool at their peak (obviously we are not on that level yet) in that no teams really had any specific way to counter their play style, even if teams would manage to win against them at times.

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

“Howe travelled to Spain to observe life at Atletico Madrid and Rayo Vallecano; watched the England national football team being put through their paces at St George's Park; and took in a training session and sat in on a couple of coaching meetings at rugby union side Saracens.

It was a while ago now but Howe also embarked on a fact-finding mission at Liverpool who Newcastle, of course, come up against at St James' Park on Saturday. Howe met a number of key figures at the club, including outgoing technical director Michael Edwards and academy director Alex Inglethorpe, and the 44-year-old certainly learned a lot from that particular visit.”

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-liverpool-eddie-howe-staff-23825343?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Would love to know more details about all this stuff, I find it fascinating. 

Although understandably managers and sporting directors won't be giving away their trade secrets. 

I feel like it also speaks to Howe's character that clubs like Liverpool and Atletico Madrid welcomed him in. 

Howe has said he gets the biggest enjoyment from coaching players and making them better.  That's not what a national manager does, I don't think there is shiny shite in hells chance that he takes a national managers job

The press and the pundits hate the fact that we are doing so well and are trying to unsettle things. Bruno to Real, Miggy to Man U, Howe for the England job and so it goes on. All of the rumours totally unsubstantiated of course. Why would any of them want to leave the biggest and best club in the world

1 hour ago, Joey47 said:

Pretty sure he said he went to Denmark