Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Getting a familiar sinking feeling that even if we sign these targets, who are all objectively very talented - Fraser, Lewis, Wilson, we don't have a good enough manager or coaching setup to make use of them, like McClaren back with that infamous spending spree

Hope I'm wrong

These signings are only being made to ensure Asley's chosen manager doesn't make the owner look like an idiot by getting us relegated. There are no ambitions in these signings above staying in the Premier, so nothing's changed other than Bruce has got a lot more leeway than Rafa did.

It's about the minimum squad investment, any club should expect at this level, but our expectations have been dampened so much over the last decade, its seen as something special.

Anyone getting remotely pleased with our business read this post.

Stop getting anywhere near excited when all we are doing is keeping up with the relegation fodder, we are the new Sunderland of the PL and will drop soon , matter of time 11-12 years of the same shit and still folk don’t get it .

Guest neesy111

Getting a familiar sinking feeling that even if we sign these targets, who are all objectively very talented - Fraser, Lewis, Wilson, we don't have a good enough manager or coaching setup to make use of them, like McClaren back with that infamous spending spree

Hope I'm wrong

These signings are only being made to ensure Asley's chosen manager doesn't make the owner look like an idiot by getting us relegated. There are no ambitions in these signings above staying in the Premier, so nothing's changed other than Bruce has got a lot more leeway than Rafa did.

Correct.

We are getting and early  for life in the championship, turning into Bournemouth :lol:

We will relegated within 3 years if it all stays the same, this cunt never builds , never has, never will.

It's about the minimum squad investment, any club should expect at this level, but our expectations have been dampened so much over the last decade, its seen as something special.

Anyone getting remotely pleased with our business read this post.

Stop getting anywhere near excited when all we are doing is keeping up with the relegation fodder, we are the new Sunderland of the PL and will drop soon , matter of time 11-12 years of the same shit and still folk don’t get it .

While I’m not anywhere near ‘excited’ it’s all we are gonna do till a takeover, any takeover finally happens. I’m afraid I’d rather that was in the PL attracting a new billionaire owner than in league one like Sunderland attracting chancers

So aye for now, signings are welcome

It’s clearly Ashley making sure the club is staying in the league and not taking any chances so he still gets his full whack. It’s not his money, if the club doesn’t have it then it will have been borrowed. For me it still points to Ashley wanting out, he’s just not thick as fuck like short and knows he needs to protect the asset and not let it go to ruin.

With these signings the squad is stronger than last year and a more sellable asset especially if we pick up points early and look to establish survival quickly for sale talks to continue.

"All Bruce targets." You don't say. :lol: Them all being British and very publicly available was the giveaway.

Besides I really don't think £20m for Wilson is particularly great value. I'd put money on him not getting to double figures.

"All Bruce targets." You don't say. :lol: Them all being British and very publicly available was the giveaway.

Besides I really don't think £20m for Wilson is particularly great value. I'd put money on him not getting to double figures.

All these targets are massively unispiring. Picking from relegated teams is never a good plan unless they're standout players. Admittedly they're all better than what we have, but at the end of the day if they were better they might not have been relegated.

Was a bit different when we went down as they players were clearly good, just massively mismanaged

All these targets are massively unispiring. Picking from relegated teams is never a good plan unless they're standout players. Admittedly they're all better than what we have, but at the end of the day if they were better they might not have been relegated.

Was a bit different when we went down as they players were clearly good, just massively mismanaged

Robertson did alright for himself.

And Maguire. Hell, two of our relegated team were playing against each other in the Champions League Final last season.

I’m pretty sure we sold a few players when we last went down, who then went on to compete in a CL final a few years later. Anyone who says Sissoko was a stand out player for us is off their rocker too.