Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, Shearergol said:

What does he do? Genuine question. He looks quite slow to me 

Very technical, intelligent on and off the ball and makes simple but the right passes. Gives and goes a lot, just a very good footballer who isn’t rapid or physical, but he doesn’t need to be. 

25 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Trippier   new cb.   Botman    Tagliafico

:fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap:

Plus say Koundè in the summer? Fuck that would be unreal

I’m right there with you on the need for it (and you’re not the first with similarly fanciful thinking) but how often do teams completely overhaul a starting backline in a single go?

I think Tripper + a new CB is the most we’re likely to get.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

2 hours ago, STM said:

Yeah I'd definitely be looking to sign an experienced striker in a short term deal Martial, Cavani, Aubameyang etc. 

I just don't see any young strikers who could come in and make an impact.

Mitro?

Not gonna disagree too much with what you say there. Integrating the squad will be tricky if we buy a lot of players.It’s something I’ve brought up myself a few times in here, whenever anyone has made” just go and buy a brand new eleven” posts. 

The problem is our defensive options are incredibly poor. With a half decent defence we win last night. Even though Lascelles had decent protection yesterday he lost Cavani multiple times with his movement. You could just see something was going to happen, and it did. Clarke isn’t a good option either. Maybe Schar and Fernandez can provide decent cover to ensure Lascelles and Clarke never see the team sheet again.

as a side point it’s sad to say that about two stalwarts that re good pro’s and helped us with promotion, but they just can’t hack this level. It’s really annoyed me people calling them 

both cunts etc. it would be much better if we as fans have them a decent send of, and show them we appreciate their contribution over the last few years.

We pretty much need a whole new team, but as the past has shown, just getting two or three right players in can make all the difference even to a shit or average team. Robert and Bellamy for example and then Woodgate (how he just improved our entire back four alone). Sadly for us that team had a solid spine in Given, Speed and Shearer in particular which we lack and that’s where I’d focus on, especially in the centre of defence and midfield and hopefully with a top notch CF.

33 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I’m right there with you on the need for it (and you’re not the first with similarly fanciful thinking) but how often do teams completely overhaul a starting backline in a single go?

I think Tripper + a new CB is the most we’re likely to get.

since never...but nobody has ever had these type of owners and this much room in FFP to buy players and be in this dire of a situation where investment is needed to stay up. 

Edited by Kanji

26 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We pretty much need a whole new team, but as the past has shown, just getting two or three right players in can make all the difference even to a shit or average team. Robert and Bellamy for example and then Woodgate (how he just improved our entire back four alone). Sadly for us that team had a solid spine in Given, Speed and Shearer in particular which we lack and that’s where I’d focus on, especially in the centre of defence and midfield and hopefully with a top notch CF.

We’ve got a solid spine now.

Big Joe

28 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Is it realistic to accept that a lot of players will turn us down with the prospect we may get relegated?

Give them realistic release fees in their contracts if we go down. Sign players on loan to perm contracts if we stay up, if we don’t they go back to their parent club who receive a loan fee for their troubles. Players may have concerns but there’s things we can go do to mitigate them.

1 minute ago, SAK said:

Give them realistic release fees in their contracts if we go down. Sign players on loan to perm contracts if we stay up, if we don’t they go back to their parent club who receive a loan fee for their troubles. Players may have concerns but there’s things we can go do to mitigate them.

Release clause for what we signed them for like we did townsend. 

57 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Is it realistic to accept that a lot of players will turn us down with the prospect we may get relegated?

If we show that we mean business early on I think we might have some luck. If we can smash in a top striker, Trippier and Botman early for example it should be easier to get top players. If we fail to make a statement early on I can see a lot of players being reluctant.