Transfer rumours

Yorkie

20 minutes ago, Teasy said:

Maybe its because some people remember how he reacted to the last relegation fight he was in, for him it was more like a relegation surrender.

Maybe it's because until we get any other transfers confirmed, we are currently ten times as shit as we were last time.

5 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Having just checked this, he started the final 3 games of the season. He was "dropped" for the City and Liverpool games. Started 8 out of 10 games under Rafa.

Well the point stands, he was dropped for 2 important games at the end of the season because he was offering so little as a Dutch international in a terrible side

Gini is a classy player but even Liverpool supporters noticed how he was anonymous some games, you'd forget he was there and he'd pop up and do something silky and then vanish again. He also struggled in away matches for some reason. I'd take him back under Howe 100% though, still he's and shoulders above what we have currently.

1 minute ago, triggs said:

Well the point stands, he was dropped for 2 important games at the end of the season because he was offering so little as a Dutch international in a terrible side

Oh well, I'd still be delighted if we signed him based on the simple fact he's on a different level to any of the shite we currently have.

3 hours ago, ManDoon said:

It’s not even close to being mugged he’s an absolutely quality player, still playing at the highest level with no serious signs of decline.

Try and find any club ever being remotely close to paying that kind of fee for a full back at his age. You won't find it. For a reason. Atletico may value him higher, but he's not worth more than someone is willing to pay, and the most recent noises was the ~15m mentioned by Man Utd.

I just find it baffling how people can say 25m is "nothing" and "great value" when it clearly isn't, despite him being a great player. Only if we stay up that fee can be justified imo, but it's still more than what any other club would ever pay.

But....as I said, as long as it does not limit whom else we can bring in I really don't care.

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Try and find any club ever being remotely close to paying that kind of fee for a full back at his age. You won't find it. For a reason. Atletico may value him higher, but he's not worth more than someone is willing to pay, and the most recent noises was the ~15m mentioned by Man Utd.

I just find it baffling how people can say 25m is "nothing" and "great value" when it clearly isn't, despite him being a great player. Only if we stay up that fee can be justified imo, but it's still more than what any other club would ever pay.

But....as I said, as long as it does not limit whom else we can bring in I really don't care.

Get used to it. We're going to be paying over the odds for some while yet.

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

These are supposedly minted man , it’s like a tenner to them , stop worrying [emoji38]

I really would like them to have some agreements in place for signings to be made and sealed on the 1st Jan.

But fully aware that football doesn't work like that and isn't that simple.  Anxious to see some new blood get into the team.

1 minute ago, dcmk said:

I really would like them to have some agreements in place for signings to be made and sealed on the 1st Jan.

But fully aware that football doesn't work like that and isn't that simple.  Anxious to see some new blood get into the team.

I’m sure they will be pressing to get them done as early as possible. Would be great to have a couple in in time for the Cambridge game

Just now, dcmk said:

Aye. That's a very big factor in the price we pay. We might get Trippier for 15M if we're prepared to wait until they acknowledge his true value of 10M, but if we want him in on 1st Jan we need to pay at least 25.

36 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

If you would rather start Joelinton in CM than Wijnaldum you need urgent reeducation gulag 

Completely depends on who else is there like. I would 100% start Joelinton in this side as we're soft as shite in the middle (in reality they would both start)

Edited by Hanshithispantz

If we have to pay a premium because of desperation or who our owners are then so fucking be it. We are in a virtual crisis right now so paying 5-10m more for a player and we end up staying up is worth it. If we don't stay up then it's a calculated risk that needed to happen. 

Edited by Kanji

If Joelinton really did turn out to be an adept CDM or box-to-boxer it would be as close to the 'new signing' cliché as you can get. Keep up his form, plus Berge plus Wijnaldum, plus Trippier and a new CB... the whole team has an entirely different complexion with its most glaring deficiencies addressed. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Big clubs pay random prices for players all the time - pricing is relative to the need of the club/buyer. Despite what Man United or Transfrmrkt say. It's literally that simple. 

Exactly this. £25m for Trippier is absolutely nothing for what we're getting.

He ticks every box that we need to stay up. It would be insane to miss out trying to low ball them.

5 minutes ago, Willow said:

We're the richest club in the world, who gives a fuck :cheesy:

It’s nevertheless important to get the right players and try not to overpay for them. On both counts however I don’t see how you could really go far wrong with Trippier at 25m. A top quality player in a position where we are desperate for an immediate improvement, capable of performing at a high level for a few years yet at a price that won’t threaten any other future plans too much. We need a few deals for players like this to pull us out of the mud short term to ensure we can build for long term.

11 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

It’s nevertheless important to get the right players and try not to overpay for them. On both counts however I don’t see how you could really go far wrong with Trippier at 25m. A top quality player in a position where we are desperate for an immediate improvement, capable of performing at a high level for a few years yet at a price that won’t threaten any other future plans too much. We need a few deals for players like this to pull us out of the mud short term to ensure we can build for long term.

We are in a poor bargaining position, relegation place, desperate for some quality players and everyone knows we have loads of money.

We will end up over-paying I think out of necessity