Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest ElCid

I know 24 goals in 3 seasons isn’t great but given that he’s played under Pulis & Pardew for the majority of that time, I’d be interested to see what he’s like under a top manager.

You could say the same about Joselu and that worked out well.

Rondon will be great and you'll all love him.

People whined, cried and soaked the bed when we brought in Kenedy.

Yet this summer they whined, cried and soaked the bed because we wouldn't pay £30 million for him.

Aren't you guys tired of this?

So the very same people who "whined, cried and soaked the bed" (quotes please) are the very same people who "whined, cried and soaked the bed" that we're not paying £30m for him?

You sure about that?

I remember people complaining about the lack of signings, and the fact that we were bringing in essentially a left back on loan who has barely played was a cause for concern, but I'm pretty certain, without looking back, that you're going a bit over the top with your analysis.

I remember you loving the appointment of Pardew and crying about him leaving. No quotes though.

If Rafa prefers Rondon over Mitrovic then I'm happy with that.

Hate this point.

He clearly dosnt want Mitrovic but I also think it’s pretty clear Rondon wouldn’t be near this club either if Rafa was able to get anywhere near his top targets.

The reason it’s so underwhelming is that is bargain bin buys loans again.

Rafa didn’t want Mitrovic last season and we got Joselu

Guest ElCid

Hate this point.

He clearly dosnt want Mitrovic but I also think it’s pretty clear Rondon wouldn’t be near this club either if Rafa was able to get anywhere near his top targets.

Exactly don’t see why people are struggling with this. There is a reason Rafa has not signed a new contract and this type of signing fully illustrates the reason why he won’t either and will be gone in under 12 months.

People whined, cried and soaked the bed when we brought in Kenedy.

What? :lol: This entire place was full of transfer deprived cum when he was announced.

in fairness when he was a major target last summer people very sceptical indeed iirc...he had a good performance in the cup pre-January so people were more hopefully and ultimately we were desperate af then

Hate this point.

Exactly don’t see why people are struggling with this. There is a reason Rafa has not signed a new contract and this type of signing fully illustrates the reason why he won’t either and will be gone in under 12 months.

None of this still changes my original point that if Rafa prefers Rondon over Mitrovic then I'm happy to trust his judgement. Not sure what's hard to grasp about that.

Guest ElCid

Hate this point.

None of this still changes my original point that if Rafa prefers Rondon over Mitrovic then I'm happy to trust his judgement. Not sure what's hard to grasp about that.

Do you not understand NEITHER would be his choice that is the whole point and the reason he won’t be here next year. You’re right it’s not hard to understand a all

Rondón has a far better overall game than Mitrovic. I can certainly see why Benítez would prefer him - personal problems with Mitrovic aside.

If Benítez can make him look like the player he was in Spain, Rondón will be a great signing. He was much hungrier back then compared to how he's looked in England.

Hate this point.

Do you not understand NEITHER would be his choice that is the whole point and the reason he won’t be here next year. You’re right it’s not hard to understand a all

Nice straw man.

I'm out. :thup:

Guest ElCid

Hate this point.

Nice straw man.

I'm out. :thup:

Only one person clutching at straws and it’s certainly not me.

Rondón has a far better overall game than Mitrovic. I can certainly see why Benítez would prefer him - personal problems with Mitrovic aside.

If Benítez can make him look like the player he was in Spain, Rondón will be a great signing. He was much hungrier back then compared to how he's looked in England.

He was bullying defenders in La Liga due to his physique but he simply couldn't repeat that style in EPL.

Rondon is quicker than Mitro? Yes

Rondon is stronger and taller than Mitro? No.

Rondon has better finishing? No.

Rondon is younger? No.

Rondon has better work rate? No, on par at best.

Rondon has better link up play? No, from what I saw in EPL. That could change under different manager.

As I have said, the only plus is Rafa got a striker that he brought in and he will play. Simply as that.

Guest reefatoon

Just watched a clip of Rondon from last season called - Best goals. It was basically him missing loads of chances. We could really do with a striker that can put the ball in the net more than another misfiring one. We have plenty of those.

Hate this point.

Rondon is almost certainly not his first choice, but Mitrovic is simply a player he just doesn't want full stop.  We also have no idea how far down the list Rondon is and how happy Rafa is about the potential signing.  I mean we haven't signed him at all yet so its a bit premature to say that this potential signing is one of the reasons he hasn't signed a new contract.

I doubt Rafa would even entertain the idea of bringing Rondon in unless he thought he was better than what we already have. Says more about our current striker options than it does about Rafa.