Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Out of contract since leaving St-Etienne. 34 now, sign him up.

Couldn't last 60 mins when he was 26. Still loved the fella though.

My favourite player of the Ashley era. I loved the likes of HBA & Ba but Cabaye just oozed class.

For 60-70mins he did. His stamina was always his letdown.

Cabaye on a really good day was exceptional. Aggressive, combative, tactically aware, good passing range, dangerous anywhere within 30 yards of the box, bit of a shithouse. But I feel like we didn't see him at his fullest extent often enough, though obviously that was partially down to the collective shitness of 12/13. His best form was that spell just before he left.

This is such bollocks like. Constantly put in more yards and sprinted more than anyone else on the pitch.

Hyper bollocks actually.

Think he's easily the best centre midfielder we've had for over a decade

He's definitely the best we've seen in black and white. There could be an argument that Wijnaldum [at least] and maybe Sissoko have had better careers, but neither had their best years at Newcastle.

I feel he didnt control a midfield as much as he should have. Whether thats on him or Pardew is another thing though.

The 5th place season he and Tiote regularly controlled games over a 3 man midfield

In the latter half of that season yeah. A lot of the 5th season we had really jammy wins where we barely deserved it until Cisse came in.

Guest reefatoon

There were some games that season where you could have just played Tiote on his own and we would have been on top. Must have been a dream for Cabaye to play alongside him when Tiote was in beast mode.

Yeah, we need to find a youngster with promise that can come in and out occasionally and is good enough to contribute.

Brewster is ready for far more appearances than what he would realistically get with us.

This is such bollocks like. Constantly put in more yards and sprinted more than anyone else on the pitch.

Hyper bollocks actually.

To say it's bollocks would be an understatement.

Massive shocking bollocks

Yeah, we need to find a youngster with promise that can come in and out occasionally and is good enough to contribute.

Brewster is ready for far more appearances than what he would realistically get with us.

Only player I can realistically think of is Nketiah

Suppose this is where Nickson can justify his role and do some actual scouting, sign a relative unknown like Martinelli was for instance

I think we’d get them. I can’t see many clubs they’d be an automatic first choice, and they’d likely be second choice here and get a fair bit game time. Better than staying where they are with no game time/dropping down a league.

Klopp is pretty anal about playing time with loanees. That said it looks like they are willing to sell Brewster. I think its more likely as joeyt says he gets bought by one of the above or similar.

Nketiah is one of the only 3 strikers Arsenal have, of the other two one has been out of form and the other they play wide. I don't seem him moving out on loan or otherwise being a starter. Maybe if they bring a couple of big strikers in, either way he is highly rated and regarded there. More likely to shift Lacazette if they bring more in.

I think we are done after Lewis if Holding is blocked.

There were some games that season where you could have just played Tiote on his own and we would have been on top. Must have been a dream for Cabaye to play alongside him when Tiote was in beast mode.

The first 10 or so games Cabaye played for us there was stats showing he was one of the top runners in the league. I don't think he even dropped off that much. He charged round fucking loads (hence all the daft yellows) and created enough pressure that the opposition often misplaced passes that Tiote mopped up.

Only player I can realistically think of is Nketiah

Suppose this is where Nickson can justify his role and do some actual scouting, sign a relative unknown like Martinelli was for instance

Absolutely. That's the exact kind of move we need to go out and make.