Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 1 Newcastle United (06/11/21)

BlueStar

3 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Jones is staying to be a coach. Not even assistant manager. This is shit but not sure why it's making people think he can't be a coach...

It may be an overreaction but it's just hard to believe anyone who thinks this line-up is acceptable holds much use in any kind of coaching role within the club.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 minute ago, Shak said:

I remember when we signed him, there was definitely a player there.

One that I'd hope Howe will get a lot out of.

At Atlanta he typically played on the left or behind the striker I believe.

Rafa brought him in and used him on the left and he was a lightning outlet on the break when he first came in and was causing a ton of problems.

Bruce and everyone involved since Rafa has clearly never taken the time to look at where played previously and what position he excelled in.

Just now, worthy said:

If this is the team he picks and sees as the best, sticking with the same kinda non-press treating everyone as man city or liverpool. What kinda coaching would he be able to do, put out the ice water bins?

This is a fundamental misunderstanding of what coaches actually are. They’re not mini managers just waiting to be plucked from the vine.

Just now, Tomato Deuce said:

This is a fundamental misunderstanding of what coaches actually are. They’re not mini managers just waiting to be plucked from the vine.

I would still not trust someone to coach what dross we have when he clearly cant see the problems head on.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

If this is the team he picks and sees as the best, sticking with the same kinda non-press treating everyone as man city or liverpool. What kinda coaching would he be able to do, put out the ice water bins?

His remit is to put out cones and come up with drills to work on skills. Not tactics. Really not hard to grasp, yet some people on here man. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It may be an overreaction but it's just hard to believe anyone who thinks this line-up is acceptable holds much use in any kind of coaching role within the club.

He'll setup for sessions and help monitor them I imagine.

The man has no clue about setting out a team or organising them for a match that's for sure. It's been horrific.

Just now, cubaricho said:

His remit is to put out cones and come up with drills to work on skills. Not tactics. Really not hard to grasp, yet some people on here man. :lol: 

Then might as well hire you, right? Im sure you can google drills and put out some cones.

Just now, worthy said:

I feel like it's been well established that good coach /= good manager (necessarily). Every management team has a group of coaches, if everyone in a  good coaching team were also all good managers, we'd be flush with them. Howe's own assistant he's bringing got sacked after less than a season at Bournemouth last year and has seemingly sacked off management.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

ASM has been absolutely garbage, again.

Stick him not he right and put Almiron back on the left.  Don't see why we have to pander to the cunt when he's been absolutely shite.

1 minute ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I'm not a football manager, and I can see what is wrong. Same with a hundred others on here.

It's not about him being a mini manager, ready to be plucked from the vine. It's about his ability to observe and critique a football match as a functional human being.

Just now, ScottishMagpie said:

I don't like this.   I forgot how fucking angry I get watching us when we are shit.   It wasn't as bad under bruce because I had emotionally detached myself from it all but now I'm back "all in" it's a nightmare!!

Last match my friend, last match ...