The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Bookies have 3 clear favourites now, Norwich, Watford and Burnley, prices at 6, 4 and 2 to 1 on. We're hovering at just over 2/1ish. A few more decent results and it all looks rosy but there's a long way to go yet. Just got to match their points tallies from here on and move on to next season. 

5 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

I think some people are getting a little carried away

Nah, we’ve shown mid-table form under Howe and apart from the horrible December run against the sides you’d expect us to lose against (apart from Man U), we’ve been the better team in the majority of the rest. There’s a buzz about the place and confidence again. We might still end up limping up 17th but the signs are why can’t we at least reel in the likes of Palace and Brentford?

I keep saying it but once the takeover was announced, as long as the owners did what they said they were going to do, I have never thought we would be relegated. Once they signed Trippier I knew it was the real deal. It will only get better and better.

Watford, Burnley and Norwich will go down although Everton, Leeds and Brentford aren't out the woods yet.

The difference between us and all of them is that we are on the up. We have bought wisely, we are together, we are playing well and confidence is buzzing. None of the others have the feelgood factor..... so stop worrying about relegation and enjoy the rest of the season.

We need to match or better Norwich, Watford and Burnley for the rest of the season to stay up essentially. I'm canny confident of that now tbh. If we can't then we'll go down and it'll be thoroughly deserved.  

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Super confident now. Nobody outside the top 3 will want to play us any time soon and they'll start coming to SJP happy to get a draw.

110%

Attitude shift after Cambridge. Feels likr we've said this is our rock bottom. 

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Still on a light 7, but it all changes if we beat Villa.

We're out of the relegation zone, we've strengthened the team considerably, we've got a competent manager and have won 2 in a row for the first time since May 21. I just can't fathom how you can think we are more likely to be relegated than not. 

Second half of the season since we came back up.

17/18: P19 W7 D5 L7 (9th best)

18/19: P19 W8 D4 L7 (8th best)

19/20: P19 W4 D7 L8 (16th best)

20/21: P19 W7 D5 L7 (10th best)

21/22: P3 W2 D1 L0 (6th best)

Apart from one bad second half to the season, this is where we come good anyway.