The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Guys some folks here were calling Pardew "Silver Fox" and a "Manager who clearly is fulfilling his potential" here after he finished 5th. I still remember it clearly.

Hindsight is fucking beautiful, give it a rest.

Edited by Amir_9

37 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

can’t see Everton bettering Burnley’s goal difference, especially after they ship 6 at the weekend.

I don’t see either team getting a single away point (Burnley at Villa maybe) so it’s Everton’s 3 home games vs Burnley’s 4 in a shoot out. All 7 are winnable

Yes, Everton have lost their last six away games and failed to win their last thirteen. Burnley only have one away win as well, but at least it was in 2022. Both teams play Watford away.

Everton have a game in hand, but as Colo says, the fixtures mean Burnley have one more home game. One vs. three games against the Top 6 and an already better GD mean its probably advantage Burnley.

49 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

can’t see Everton bettering Burnley’s goal difference, especially after they ship 6 at the weekend.

I don’t see either team getting a single away point (Burnley at Villa maybe) so it’s Everton’s 3 home games vs Burnley’s 4 in a shoot out. All 7 are winnable

Burnley at Watford? If that's not winnable, they have no business staying up.

54 minutes ago, midds said:

According to 538 it's:

Leeds 14%

Everton 43%

Burnley 45%

They've projected them both to get 35 points and Burnley down on GD (6 goals difference)

If it goes to goal difference and looking at Everton's games, I would be pretty confident Burnley would be the winner there.

58 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Both have to go to Watford who have lost 10 home games in a row. No way will Watford win both them

From the remaining fixtures, results guessed 4/5 games back I've got

Leeds +5

Burnley +8 (+ didn't guess ours)

Everton +7

Feared Burnley would get a lot of points, now fear they wont

Edited by Wolfcastle

Everton will stay up , they will as they will get close decisions going for them..The PL will fix it for them you watch .

Burnley or Everton, who makes their brand look better? 
Theres ya answer 

9 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Can’t see Burnley getting more points than Everton with those fixtures. 

How? Everton clearly have the harder fixtures. If it goes to the last game of the season, I can see Burnley grinding out a jammy win against us.

Burnley have winnable games. Wolves, Watford, Villa x2. Let's scrap Spurs away. If they can get 2 wins from 4 from those games. A win against us gets them to 37 points and likely be enough. Can you see Everton picking up more than 7 points from their games? 

It's clear as day now that when the last ball of the season has been kicked it will show that NUFC kept the Scouse Mackems up, courtesy of the gifted Goodison points and the points we take off Burnley on the final day. Sickening.

14 minutes ago, Wandy said:

It's clear as day now that when the last ball of the season has been kicked it will show that NUFC kept the Scouse Mackems up, courtesy of the gifted Goodison points and the points we take off Burnley on the final day. Sickening.

And will they show any gratitude??

I wouldn't count Leeds out of it altogether.

Their run is as bad as Everton's - their last 3 home games are Man City, Chelsea and Brighton.

They really need to win that Brighton game, because Palace, Arsenal and Brentford away are all tough games.

Plus, their goal difference is -30, compared to -19 for Everton and -17 for Burnley.

34 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

No club owes any other club any favours. If we beat Burnley, it’s just Newcastle United doing what it’s supposed to do and Eddie Howe being a consummate professional. The silver lining is that if Everton indeed had to wait until the last day of the season to escape relegation, courtesy of Newcastle United, then Fat Frank will never be able to live it down. I hope he gets the sack thereafter and Everton then does a Sunderland death spiral.

58 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I think we know the answer to that question.

They are that rattled, on GOT they have now blocked off the "Other Football" section of forum to lurkers. Precious arseholes.

48 minutes ago, Emotic said:

No club owes any other club any favours. If we beat Burnley, it’s just Newcastle United doing what it’s supposed to do and Eddie Howe being a consummate professional. The silver lining is that if Everton indeed had to wait until the last day of the season to escape relegation, courtesy of Newcastle United, then Fat Frank will never be able to live it down. I hope he gets the sack thereafter and Everton then does a Sunderland death spiral.

The death spiral might be dependent on Frank staying!

1 hour ago, Abacus said:

I wouldn't count Leeds out of it altogether.

Their run is as bad as Everton's - their last 3 home games are Man City, Chelsea and Brighton.

They really need to win that Brighton game, because Palace, Arsenal and Brentford away are all tough games.

Plus, their goal difference is -30, compared to -19 for Everton and -17 for Burnley.

They’ve took 10 points from their last 5 and realistically only need one more win.

They’ll be okay.