The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

25 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If Burnley fail to win at home to Leicester in 2 weeks and we beat Watford at home, we're out the bottom 3. Burnley's next 3 games after Leicester are Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool. Ours after Watford are Leeds, Everton and Villa.

No excuses then . 

January to mid March is what defines whether we stay up or not.

Watford (h)

Leeds (a)

Everton (h)

Villa (h)

West Ham (a)

Brentford (a)

Brighton (h)

With Southampton (a) and Everton (a) to be scheduled amongst that presumably. Got to be looking at winning all those home games more or less and picking up points at Leeds and Brentford.

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

January to mid March is what defines whether we stay up or not.

Watford (h)

Leeds (a)

Everton (h)

Villa (h)

West Ham (a)

Brentford (a)

Brighton (h)

With Southampton (a) and Everton (a) to be scheduled amongst that presumably. Got to be looking at winning all those home games more or less and picking up points at Leeds and Brentford.

we will get 11 points imho 

We need trippier, botman and a proper defensive midfielder asap, our defence with these two would be totally different and with a dynamic holding midfielder in front of them we would be a totally different team.

A striker obviously would catapault us into orbit...

:wave:

On paper it certainly is difficult but that removes a lot of context. 

we have gone from having a “manager” who was a total layabout, no acumen at all with regards to football management to having someone who is actually good at what they do. 

we have gone from an owner who sucked the life out of the club to a group of owners who want to make us one of the best clubs in the world. 

we have a fanbase which was paralysed by apathy to a fanbase who are roaring the lads on. 

If we get our targets we will escape relegation easily. 

13 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Easy to forget in all the excitement :lol: but honestly winning 8 (or whatever) games from 19- effectively trying to triple our current total- is a tall order. Desperate for us to somehow do it.

It is, but I have a renewed sense of optimism and the fact we may have some credible reinforcement in January helps.

Recently the games have been settled by stupid mistakes from individuals and if we can eliminate some of that via reinforcements, I can see us starting to turn some of these performances into wins.

High on hopium right now.

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

On paper it certainly is difficult but that removes a lot of context. 

we have gone from having a “manager” who was a total layabout, no acumen at all with regards to football management to having someone who is actually good at what they do. 

we have gone from an owner who sucked the life out of the club to a group of owners who want to make us one of the best clubs in the world. 

we have a fanbase which was paralysed by apathy to a fanbase who are roaring the lads on. 

If we get our targets we will escape relegation easily. 

I don’t think it will be easy but it will certainly be possible.

Think we have to remember other teams have also gone half a season with as little points as us but don't have much of a way out unless they collectively up their game. I think the bar will be low this year:

Burnley & Watford - 27-32pts

Norwich - 22-25pts

I'm delighted to have reached the New Year and remained at a fairly neutral 5/10.

Big month coming up with transfers and our fixture list so I don't imagine I'll be at that 5/10 for much longer.

56 minutes ago, RS said:

1 win all season. Still think we’re toast. 

if you look at starting the season now , look at the 4 , you know who , we need to finish top , signings coming in, crowd behind everything , new manager , owners . Yes we are a couple of points behind but I look at it now that we have a big chance at it .

we are far from “toast” if you look at the season starting now mate .

HWTL let’s all get behind them 

53 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Easy to forget in all the excitement :lol: but honestly winning 8 (or whatever) games from 19- effectively trying to triple our current total- is a tall order. Desperate for us to somehow do it.

We only need to win 8 from 19 if Burnley and Watford win 7. That’s also unlikely so it’s unlikely 8 will be needed. I think 5 wins and 5 draws is enough and I think that’s is doable.

Huge month. Reinforcements are needed as we all know, and it's difficult to not get panicky about nobody coming in yet. Once we have one or two "over the line", I think it will calm things a bit. We have winnable games, if we play like we did against Man United, I think we'll get the wins we need. Watford is a colossal fixture, already shitting myself for it. A win there, and I believe we'll firmly kick on, and get our escape plan in action.

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

I have never understood it when people say this. How do you calculate that we need to win 8 games? Genuine question.

All we need to do is gain 6 points more than Norwich, Watford and Burnley. How that is achieved no one knows.

9 minutes ago, Robster said:

I have never understood it when people say this. How do you calculate that we need to win 8 games? Genuine question.

All we need to do is gain 6 points more than Norwich, Watford and Burnley. How that is achieved no one knows.

completely, as it stands 1 point ahead of 3 rd bottom is all we need, no idea what that will be points wise or win wise . 3 weeks ago we had little chance then these recent results have more or less ALL gone our way . It could continue this way , we have no idea how many wins we need , it may be 4 , or 5 , or 6 , let’s just see, half the season gone , reset and start from now and you will look at it differently.👍 

:lol: It’s all guesswork in the end, I just think it’s preferable to base guesses on what’s happened in the past.

Saying “we need x more points than Watford’ or whatever is a dangerous game too; unlikely as it is, they could go on a monster run and we’re looking at other teams to catch. Points total goals are more reliable imo.

Edited by McCormick

15 minutes ago, McCormick said:

The lowest points total, ever, to stay up has been 34.

Years of data back that up, so it’s not outlandish to suggest that that’s (at least) the figure needed.

It'll be a new record low this season I think, there are three teams competing for the championship, hoovering up points and the bottom 4 are cut adrift.

Watford are on course to get 27 points, low 30s will possibly be enough to stay up.

Edited by Jackie Broon

The reality is that we have to beat Watford, good kick in the bollox, and let them play catchup. We have wind in our sails and both the fans and the team will be bouyant with a couple of signings in Jan.

We desperately need to beat them in a weeks time!!