The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

38 minutes ago, midds said:

What grounds are they using to refuse permission to leave and play? Are they allowed to just block it and say no? Surely not. 

Nigeria missed the deadline to inform Watford of their intention to select him. Watford are therefore under no obligation to let him go, but could have done if they wished.

Edit - just realised the original post was about Sarr, not Dennis - don’t know about him.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

1 hour ago, midds said:

What grounds are they using to refuse permission to leave and play? Are they allowed to just block it and say no? Surely not. 

I'd not read what the reason for Sarr's situation was, but with Dennis it was claimed Nigeria had missed a deadline to call him up. 

Im now a 5 from 8 after the December from death turn out to be a damp squib.   So we are 2 points from safety and it looks like its Norwich, Burnley, Watford and Newcastle for bottom 3.   Get the transfer window right and I think we have this.   Burnley's next 8 run of games is very hard!

5 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

I think it's been a good weekend for us. We need to finish ahead of Norwich, Burnley and Watford. 

Anyone who thinks otherwise is nuts , we need to win a league of 4 .

All on the newbies 

I think there's plenty of time for other teams to be dragged into it - including Brentford - between now and the end of the season.

So much pressure on getting the right signings in this month...

4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I think there's plenty of time for other teams to be dragged into it - including Brentford - between now and the end of the season.

So much pressure on getting the right signings in this month...

I cant see anyone going on a bad enough run to be dragged into it to be honest.
League of 4 now. Winner takes all.

Just now, Robster said:

I cant see anyone going on a bad enough run to be dragged into it to be honest.
League of 4 now. Winner takes all.

and if Newcastle can't win that league then they deserve to go down!

Think nearly everyone to a man would have taken being 6 point’s from safety going into the transfer window at start of December. 

The fact is it’s not even that bad, what a fucking opportunity to pull this off now. It’s in our own hands, get the transfer window right and we stay up simple as that.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Think nearly everyone to a man would have taken being 6 point’s from safety going into the transfer window at start of December. 

The fact is it’s not even that bad, what a fucking opportunity to pull this off now. It’s in our own hands get the transfer window right and we stay up simple as that.

Even if Burnley and Watford win their games in hand, which they won’t, we’d only be 6 points off.

We should stay up from here.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Even if Burnley and Watford win their games in hand, which they won’t. We’d only be 6 points off.

We should stay up from here.

Burnley v Watford is one of games in hand I think. Burnley's other is Spurs.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

I was expecting us to be at least 6 points from safety at this stage. Anyone’s game now, hopefully the right recruitment will see us ok. 

Same. I know the two above us have a game or two in hand. But the fact they have burned two of their games and we are a point better off with them after the Man U game is huge. A while back, I felt like January was going to come too late and we may be like 6-8 points adrift. 

The lower end of the league is pretty bad. 

If Burnley fail to win at home to Leicester in 2 weeks and we beat Watford at home, we're out the bottom 3. Burnley's next 3 games after Leicester are Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool. Ours after Watford are Leeds, Everton and Villa.