The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Watford are really struggling and Leeds haven’t looked great either and we play both next month. With key signings hopefully in early for these games I’m actually feeling quite confident. The two home games straight after v Everton and Villa massive too. These four games with a revitalised squad please 👍

On 29/12/2021 at 17:04, madras said:

Can't imagine the player being too happy with staying. Nigeria are in with a shout.

Apparently all Nigeria’s fault. They haven’t followed due process and the fuck-up is all on them. Frustrating for us.

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I would assume he's okay with it otherwise couldn't he just push to still go?

He’s hardly been a major player for Nigeria - 3 games since 2019. Doesn’t suggest he’s got JayJay Okocha levels of involvement.

Results over the last couple of weeks have made me feel a lot more optimistic. I really expected us to be 5 or 6 points adrift after December, but despite barely picking up any points we are probably closer to the other teams than previously. 

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

Results over the last couple of weeks have made me feel a lot more optimistic. I really expected us to be 5 or 6 points adrift after December, but despite barely picking up any points we are probably closer to the other teams than previously. 

I think we will still go down, but aye, I expected us to be 6 or so points adrift. It’s the manner of our attacking intent that has impressed me, shore up that leaky defence and carry even more of a goal threat and we have more than a chance. 

Downgrading from a 9 to a 7. 

All this backlash over a couple of postponed games tells me others teams are legit bricking having to play us with a strengthened side which can only be a good thing for our survival hopes. Already feels like we're going into games 1-0 up. 

Long may it continue.

9 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Downgrading from a 9 to a 7. 

All this backlash over a couple of postponed games tells me others teams are legit bricking having to play us with a strengthened side which can only be a good thing for our survival hopes. Already feels like we're going into games 1-0 up. 

Long may it continue.

Shouldn't  that be a upshift not a downgrade? But any how you are feeling better about things.

For what it's  worth I've never been below a 3, and still at that point now.

Edited by South-Cheshire-Toon

I always said as long as we are no more than 6 points adrift by January then we have a chance

Obviously we are less than that but it's skewed somewhat due to Burnley/Watford having games in hand

However the 2 postponements do work in our favour because without Wilson/ASM I feel we would have lost both

If we can get at least 2 players in time for Watford and then another 2 at the latest for Leeds then I think we have a chance stay up

2 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Shouldn't  that be a upshift not a downgrade? But any how you are feeling better about things.

For what it's  worth I've never been below a 3, and still at that point now.

It should, you're right. 

Still think we have some tricky things to navigate like games in hand and bedding in new players - or even getting players in the first place - but yeh the backlash feels like a big win for now. 

Massively disrespectful of clubs not to release players for AFCON. It's like saying it's only Africa, we are the ones paying your wages. Players who are prevented from competing are bound to harbour resentment at some level. 

I'm not sure which other players are not going but Dennis wasn't even picked in the original squad and it was only after a social media campaign by supporters that he was then picked, but I think by then it was to late to register him.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm not sure which other players are not going but Dennis wasn't even picked in the original squad and it was only after a social media campaign by supporters that he was then picked, but I think by then it was to late to register him.

If it was too late, then why have Watford resorted to using emails as an excuse to prevent him participating?