The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

As many permanent ones as we want I believe. Just that you can only register a squad of 25 with home-grown quota. Means we can sign a striker, then leave Gayle out if we wish.

For loans, there will be a domestic limit, but none if they are from overseas.

At this point with Wilson and St Max’s injuries where in need of the next 2 games being cancelled. 

It’s admirable Howe saying they want to play at Everton, with their form and absentees I can see the temptation aswell, but looking at the games played column it’s bordering ridiculous.

Only us and Man City haven’t had a game cancelled, we need to be streetwise here and play the game. 

Halfway stage 11 points.

Burnley n Watford now 3&4 games in hand,teams above them like Saints picking up points.

Need I think 38 points to be safe for sure.

No matter who is signed,dont think there is much hope,going down,can't see any other outcome....But you never know,Its a funny old game as Greavsie used to say.

A Norwich win today may make certain people hysterical on here in the short term, but may be more beneficial in the long term by keeping another club within distance.

Norwich will finish bottom regardless of what happens today.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

51 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

A Norwich win today may make certain people hysterical on here in the short term, but may be more beneficial in the long term by keeping another club within distance.

Norwich will finish bottom regardless of what happens today.

Disagree Palace will not go down , I want Norwich pumped, they are in “our league” a league of 4 …Us , Norwich , Watford , Burnley can’t see any other team involved (maybe Leeds) 

I’m still an 8 or probably closer to a 9 now. The performances lately have been much improved and although we were miles better last night we still only managed a point. 

I could be being overly pessimistic. I’m trying to look at it as a mini-league with us, Norwich, Burnley, Watford and maybe Leeds but with the games in hand those clubs have, our new injuries and just the distinct lack of luck we’ve had this season I think we’ve given ourselves too much of an uphill effort. We look like Fulham did at the end of last season. 

What I’m certain about is we’d be nowhere near this mess if Howe was in charge at the start of the season. Even with this group of players. Bruce has got away without the criticism he deserves for this mess. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

At the moment we’re definitely down, the unknown factor is how many signings we can get in and how many games will get called off. With the current squad we have absolutely no chance. 

sadly I agree mate , hope to have egg on my chin but can’t see it .

current odds to go down

Norwich 1/6

Newcastle 9/11

Watford 28/29

Burnley 6/5

Leeds 3/1

Brentford 9/1

Palace 16/1

backing up my thoughts , can’t believe some want Palace beat today by Norwich. 

1 hour ago, GWN said:

Disagree Palace will not go down , I want Norwich pumped, they are in “our league” a league of 4 …Us , Norwich , Watford , Burnley can’t see any other team involved (maybe Leeds) 

It’s not just about who may go down, but keeping as many teams within touching distance is important for confidence.

Bruce has fucked us this season. Eddie is working wonders, and I firmly believe he will be the one to bring good times to this club again. However, this season it's an almost impossible task. The luck, or lack of, that we have is ridiculous. Decisions going against us, flukey goals (last night and Pukki's worldie for example), and injuries. I'm also not confident we will get people in quickly in January, and therefore will have the same squad to try and win games with. I dearly hope I'm proven wrong.

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It’s not just about who may go down, but keeping as many teams within touching distance is important for confidence.

i know I get it but realistically we know who are the teams in it .

Those odds are saying we're likely to go down, not that we don't have a chance. Note the substantial difference in odds between us and Norwich.

That's roughly where I stand now. More likely than not but with half a season, improved manager and performances and a transfer window coming, I can see us doing it. These last games have told me nothing really. It's Jan/Feb games against lower teams and seeing how our updated squad does will give a decent idea whether we look like getting the wins we need.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

This upcoming run of league games for us, so crucial.

Everton (a)

Southampton (a)

Watford (h)

Leeds (a)

Everton (h)

Aston Villa (h)

West Ham (a)

Brentford (a)

Brighton (h)

Probably need at least 5 wins, really need the next 2 to be off.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

This upcoming run of league games for us, so crucial.

Everton (a)

Southampton (a)

Watford (h)

Leeds (a)

Everton (h)

Aston Villa (h)

West Ham (a)

Brentford (a)

Brighton (h)

27 points. Sorted.