The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

This upcoming run of league games for us, so crucial.

Everton (a) - 1

Southampton (a) - 1

Watford (h) - 3

Leeds (a) - 1

Everton (h) - 3

Aston Villa (h) - 3

West Ham (a) - 1

Brentford (a) - 3

Brighton (h) - 1

Have added what wr should be aiming for as a minimum from them games. Would happily swap a loss at Everton and/or West Ham for a win at somewhere like Leeds like. 

To be honest like, looking at Burnleys games in hand and upcoming 4 or 5 games, I think we haven't got a massive amount to be worried about for them. It's only Watford you can maybe see them beating at home with any real certainty. Then if that theoretically happens Watford have Wolves (a) and Palace (h) which would probably give a 2-4 point return. Watford are the team we absolutely must beat at SJP now. We may just catch Leeds of our own accord. 

12 minutes ago, Heron said:

Have added what wr should be aiming for as a minimum from them games. Would happily swap a loss at Everton and/or West Ham for a win at somewhere like Leeds like. 

They're all winnable games, this this the thing. Especially once we get some signings in in the coming weeks.

4 minutes ago, Heron said:

To be honest like, looking at Burnleys games in hand and upcoming 4 or 5 games, I think we haven't got a massive amount to be worried about for them. It's only Watford you can maybe see them beating at home with any real certainty. Then if that theoretically happens Watford have Wolves (a) and Palace (h) which would probably give a 2-4 point return. Watford are the team we absolutely must beat at SJP now. We may just catch Leeds of our own accord. 

Ideally we'll have all of our January business done by the time we go to Elland Road, doubt we'll have it all sorted by Watford but should have at least 2 in for that. Plus with Watford's better players at the AFCON that needs to be earmarked as 3 points. Just hope Watford don't try and postpone it as a result of that.

6 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I could honestly see a paltry figure like 28 points being enough to stay up. 

Not likely tbh. You have to factor in that near the end of the season teams who have got nothing to play for will be putting out weakened line ups, so relegation threatened teams suddenly start picking up unexpected points. That will be doubly so this season where the majority of them want to see us relegated. 

We really will need to do this ourselves, that means getting to 36 points one way or the other, and not relying on help from other teams. 

As soon as I hear the phrase "no team has ever..." I just switch off and disregard whatever follows it. No team has ever headed into the January transfer window with a fuckload of cash ready to be spent to improve their first XI instantly in 4 or 5 positions. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

As soon as I hear the phrase "no team has ever..." I just switch off and disregard whatever follows it. No team has ever headed into the January transfer window with a fuckload of cash ready to be spent to improve their first XI instantly in 4 or 5 positions. 

It’s still and if at the minute though, we have no idea how much they will spend and who we will manage to bring in.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s still and if at the minute though, we have no idea how much they will spend and who we will manage to bring in.

This is true, they could spend very little and play it safe? What do you reckon is most likely? :)

Just now, midds said:

This is true, they could spend very little and play it safe? What do you reckon is most likely? :)

I think they will spend a bit but mostly look for loans, also timing is everything, we really need the majority in by Watford.

16 minutes ago, Heron said:

Watford are fucked like, have around 8 plauers off to the ACoN apparently...including their top scorer Dennis the Menace

Leaking goals for fun atm as well. See them and Norwich as definite for relegation that leaves 1 spot and surely we can better Burnley or Leeds. 

Surely the board know now the risk vs reward is massive and we should be looking at getting in as many players required and spending limits are out the question. We could be well clear of this shit come end of march

Reading the replies to that Tweet, this could be a win-win for us. He goes and they lose him for a few weeks, or they stop him going and it could potentially be the end of him at Watford going by his precious behaviour.