The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think it’s pretty easy to call despite the table being tight currently. Southampton, Bournemouth and Forest are going imo.

Bournemouth stay up for me, out if their remaining 9 games only 2 are against top half teams 

20 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Really hope Forest stay up, for no good reason beyond signing 25 off players was so crazy I hope it comes off

Aye, that and there is a few players we could do with offloading.

This season is weird, and you look at it and you could easily have 3 well established Premier League teams go down, be that Everton, West Ham, Palace, Leicester, along with Southampton. There is though a twisted feeling that despite those possibilities which would likely be the most shocking set of relegations, that it will be Southampton, Bournemouth, and Forest to go.

I remember when Newcastle went down in 2009 there were so many chances to get out of it, if you’d looked ten games out you would have said they’ll be ok the team is better than the sides around - but the wins never came. Leicester could go down in the same way. 

I think Everton will be fine under Dyche. 

Bournemouth I expect to get to about 34 points, and anyone who is below them is down. That would mean Leicester getting either 3 wins or 2 wins and 3 draws from 9 games. They should be fine but I wouldn’t put money on it.

We are now mathematically safe from relegation. We are 26 points ahead of both Bournemouth & Everton who both have 9 games to play (27 Pts available), but as they play each other, they can't both match our current points tally. Neither can Leicester nor Southampton.

Edited by sampokong

A gap starting to open up now. Southampton are surely fucked, and Leicester are falling further behindBoth Leeds and Palace (play each other this weekend) have a chance to move away from it. Wolves from nowhere are now 6 points clear of Leicester and 4 clear of the bottom 3.

2 minutes ago, maze said:

No way they'll get the rumoured £50m for Maddison if they go down.

Potentially get Tielemens & Maddison for a combined £30m That isn't going to help them much for the rebuild. 

Leicester will be one of the weirdest tales of all time if they go down.

Nearly relegated, then winning the league, then playing in / competing for Europe repeatedly, before then dropping like a stone. 

Fuck imagine at the start of this season if someone told us after 30 games we'd be sitting in 3rd, Leicester were in the relegation places, Chelsea were in the bottom half, Liverpool were 10 points behind a European spot and Arsenal were top. You'd think they'd been smoking some new strain of supercrack