Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

Just now, arnonel said:

City have signed Haaland and Alvarez, so rumours that Jesus is talking to 6 clubs including gunners

He could play for any team in the champions league. He'll have far greater choices before us, including staying at City.

The no idea if realistic XI. Really struggled to think of a striker, no idea who we're looking at, could afford and would come here. Would love Gabriel Jesus here, but was a toss up between him, Nunez or Osimhen. Also have Milan signed Botman yet? Swap out with fuck knas if so.

BTN7hHD.png

:lol: True. Kamara would be on a free, out of contract in the summer. Raphinha has a relegation release clause of £25m, Targett would cost £12m-£15m. No clue on Botman or Paqueta, but Nunez would be the most expensive of the lot. We'll likely only get 2 or 3 big money signings anyway tbh.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The no idea if realistic XI. Really struggled to think of a striker, no idea who we're looking at, could afford and would come here. Would love Gabriel Jesus here, but was a toss up between him, Nunez or Osimhen. Also have Milan signed Botman yet? Swap out with fuck knas if so.

BTN7hHD.png

Like that 11 a lot!

5 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I seriously doubt we’re a option for Nunez. I’m sure he’s looking for a CL club.

I guess the real question is what Champions League clubs need a striker and could afford the price Benfica want. 

Arsenal if they finish 4th? I think he'll end up in the prem even if it's not a champions League side. 

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

I guess the real question is what Champions League clubs need a striker and could afford the price Benfica want. 

Arsenal if they finish 4th? I think he'll end up in the prem even if it's not a champions League side. 

Man Utd (yes, I know they’re not in the CL, but they would still attract him) or West Ham. 

Dubravka needs replacing but medium term imo. One more season. Would rather whatever budget we have goes toward more pressing matters like striker and winger. Could loan Dean Henderson in, I suppose.

We should be looking at this kid Anderson at Bristol Rovers, 19yr old and Rovers fans are saying he's their best player ever. Dribbles well, shoots with both feet, eye for a pass and a goal.

9 minutes ago, madras said:

We should be looking at this kid Anderson at Bristol Rovers, 19yr old and Rovers fans are saying he's their best player ever. Dribbles well, shoots with both feet, eye for a pass and a goal.

Made fifa team of the week as well 😁

11 minutes ago, madras said:

Andreas regen?! Sign him up! 

What happens regarding FFP if we spread the payments? Like we buy player x for £50m - 20 up front, and 7.5 for the next 4 years? Is it purely money in vs money out each year? Honestly don't know. 

6 minutes ago, midds said:

What happens regarding FFP if we spread the payments? Like we buy player x for £50m - 20 up front, and 7.5 for the next 4 years? Is it purely money in vs money out each year? Honestly don't know. 

Yeah but if we do that, say for example we buy 5 players for 50mill each and spread it over 5 years so our outlay for this year is 50mill, so far so easy, but next year we do the same, so next year's payments are 100mill, 50mill from the 2nd year of this summers transfers and 50mill from next years and so on. 

We have decent wiggle room for now but going forward we have to massively ramp up money coming in.

11 minutes ago, madras said:

Yeah but if we do that, say for example we buy 5 players for 50mill each and spread it over 5 years so our outlay for this year is 50mill, so far so easy, but next year we do the same, so next year's payments are 100mill, 50mill from the 2nd year of this summers transfers and 50mill from next years and so on. 

We have decent wiggle room for now but going forward we have to massively ramp up money coming in.

That's exactly what I was wondering. A £50m player coming in could only hit us for £10m in the first year etc. Honestly don't know how it works