Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

Let's get one thing clear - he is an elite player that has played his part in our transformation and been at the forefront of it to get it to this very point

However I am not sure he has much left in the tank to be able to bring that level of performance consistently and the decline is starting to show. I think it would be in our best benefit to start phasing him out slowly by end of the season and have him as a squad member rather than a guaranteed starter.

Edited by Amir_9

Just now, Amir_9 said:

Let's get one thing clear - he is an elite player that has played his part in our transformation and been at the forefront of it to get it to this very point

However I am not sure he has much left in the tank to consistently be able to bring that level of performance consistently and the decline is starting to show. I think it would be in our best benefit to start phasing him out slowly by end of the season and have him as a squad member rather than a guaranteed starter.

He has had three bad games. Get a grip.

Just now, jonny1403 said:

He has had three bad games. Get a grip.

This is such a typical response to be honest, the first part of my comment clearly shows I rate him and what he's done for us thus far, he is elite, but you can't look at the level of mistakes he's made recently as well as his age and not think by start of next season him being 34 its time to have him as a squad player rather than a guaranteed starter.

I hadn’t seen any of this match and turned on just after the first penalty. 

Dunno what happened with Trippier prior to that but as he stepped up it was written all over his face he was going to miss. Clearly looked absolutely not up onto it in terms of mindset.  

1 minute ago, Amir_9 said:

However I am not sure he has much left in the tank to consistently be able to bring that level of performance consistently and the decline is starting to show. I think it would be in our best benefit to start phasing him out slowly by end of the season and have him as a squad member rather than a guaranteed starter.

What the fuck is this shit? Start phasing him out?!?! He's one of the best RBs in the league man!

Howe obviously didn't want him to play but he came on halftime probably as Krafth isn't fit enough to play the full 90mins.

He's had a nightmare of a mont, absolute shitter but he's still a class act and I'm sure he will bounce back.

Let’s not forget this poor form has happened after he was released early from the England squad, wasn’t that for personal reasons?

who knows what’s going on but could have issues playing on his mind

I love Tripps and I've no doubt he'll get out of the rut he's in.

He's become a liability at the mo though who's been directly responsible for several goals now.

He needs to get through this, he hasn't become a poor player.