Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

9 hours ago, FCB said:

Trippier is arse and the sooner Livramento replaces him, the better.

Stuff like this and similar stuff on Twitter just really baffles me. Trippier has been a fantastic footballer for Newcastle and an even better vice captain. This is the guy who went out his way to make Gordon & tonali welcome at the club and help them settle in.

He’s going thru a tough time be it on the pitch or in his personal life and Eddie Howe was spot on it’s now time go give him our support 

Edited by gdm

Anyone who is having negative thoughts about Trippier or the team in general should just take a leaf out of Edfie Howe's book and just show a little bit of balance...

Yes we are struggling but, the players are giving all they have for him.  Our injury situation and the intensity of the games have taken a toll but, Howe s not on TeeVee crying and moaning...   instead he is honest, open and most importantly he is supportive towards the squad.

1 minute ago, pinkeye said:

Anyone who is having negative thoughts about Trippier or the team in general should just take a leaf out of Edfie Howe's book and just show a little bit of balance...

Yes we are struggling but, the players are giving all they have for him.  Our injury situation and the intensity of the games have taken a toll but, Howe s not on TeeVee crying and moaning...   instead he is honest, open and most importantly he is supportive towards the squad.

But then Howe isn't an entitled, whinging, massive fucking balloon like some of our "supporters" 

38 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

Trippier almost single handed saved us from going down.

Get a grip you clown.

That’s a complete fib, to be fair. As much as I’m happy to see him getting support this morning. 

Some players “lose” it almost overnight when they get to a certain age. I remember painfully watching Beardsley at the end of his career suddenly becoming a shadow of his former self. 
I’m hoping this is just fatigue and not the start of the end of his career. 

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

That’s a complete fib, to be fair. As much as I’m happy to see him getting support this morning. 

Yep.  Trippier was an incredible signing, and he was a boost and played really well in his six appearances that season - but he was injured in early Feb when the table looked like it did below.  He definitely didn’t keep us up ‘single-handed’; I’m not keen on re-writing history.  We were still in the clarts when he played his last game that year.

IMG_7450.thumb.jpeg.76f9d0b092ba93cb80e31003b37fd623.jpeg

The mistakes are mental lapses rather than anything particularly physical. Just seems like bad luck to have a series of these performances strung together.

I think there’s a compelling argument to be made that the injuries at the back have got us a bit out of sorts. Maybe there’s an element of Tripps trying to overplay and overthink because he’s not as comfortable with Lascelles/Dubs as he was Schar/Pope. 

We are an incredibly emotionally led team, and that can lead to these sorts of things happening unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

He looked ashen faced last night. Wouldn’t be surprised to hear he’d been ill. 

I noticed that he looked like that when he lined up against Everton. Ashen faced and shattered, like he'd been ill and only just dragged himself out of his scratcher

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

I noticed that he looked like that when he lined up against Everton. Ashen faced and shattered, like he'd been ill and only just dragged himself out of his scratcher

Looks like he's hating playing at the minute to me, might be that added pressure from the recent mistakes but definitely seems off. Man United was one of his best performances for us and that wasn't too long ago though. 

2 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

He looked forlorn, whether it's an illness, injury or psychologically dealing with something, he's not right, he's not himself.

13 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

Have whatever the “personal reasons” were that caused him to pull from international duty affected him? 

Wouldn’t be surprised if there was something going on in the background tbh. Were those pics of him with that lass real?

I think his confidence has taken a hit. A few mistakes and he's second guessing himself. When you lose a bit of confidence, its that split second hesitation that we saw last night. Its that hesitation that makes you second guess your technique and miss a pen, that hesitation that makes you misplace a pass. I dont think his sudden issues are down to age, I dont really think last night was down to fatigue either. 

Unless he explicitly says he needs a rest and his body is shot, id have him straight back in the team for Luton. A couple of solid games and he'll be back imo and where better to start that one of the weakest teams in the league.

34 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Made some really poor decisions lately. I think he was trying to make a controlled header so he could boot it away. Got it horribly wrong, should have just headed it for a corner; he’ll know that.

Those aren't necessarily bad decisions, just poorly executed. The best teams try to play out from the back, looks to me that's what he's been trying to do, just not physically or mentally sharp enough to do it effectively. I doubt it's got anything to do with age or any deteriation is skill tbh.