Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

We are in greater need of midfielders than defenders. 

Aye all the talk about signing centre backs, a forward and centre midfielder are much more of a priority and we needed them in for Watford its a 6 pointer.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

To bring some positivity I thought he put in a couple of great corners which we were unlucky to not score from. 

I think he created 2 or 3 high XG chances, including from his corners.  

He is instantly our best player.  God, I hope whatever promises that were made to bring him into the club are kept.

Guest reefatoon

The gulf between him and the rest of the team is there to see. We just need 10 other new players now and we might be ok. 

Agreed on loads of the above. First few minutes. He made a few forward passes to feet. Where the usual option would have been a clip up the line to nobody, punt it out of play, play it backwards or lose the ball. 

He looks top quality and everything I was hoping for. I would say not to get carried away because of the opposition. But they made most the rest of our team look even worse than usual :lol: 

There was several times he played some really nice short balls that literally none of our other players would even think to make, into areas that we barely ever seem to get to. His corners where better then anything else we have seen, and it was noticeable how vocal he was throughout the game. Easily our best player. Only thing he really did wrong was some daft fouls. 

Suppose an international top quality footballer can't be expected to work out the wavelength of our bunch of utter fucking dickheads in a few days.

Poor bugger is probably wishing the ink hadn't dried just yet after that.