Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

17 minutes ago, huss9 said:

he's not the greatest defender but his organising, leading, motivating and his right foot in the oppositions half are irresplacable.

He wasn't bad to be honest when defending down the right flank. Got beat off the dribble once but otherwise was pretty solid. I totally agree with your other points.

6 hours ago, Miercoles said:

Yeah that was a mismatch. I'd be curious to see a wide view of the buildup, feel like Kane must have lost his original marker somehow, can't imagine our gamelan was to have Trips on him.

I don’t think someone else lost him.  As someone else said, Tripps was marking Kane on later corners too even after he had scored. 

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

💪🏼❤️

Personally think he's been the best signing we've made so far, and not because of what it meant symbolically, he's genuinly a brilliant playmaker. 

Edited by Thumbheed

Look at the mess Gerrard made at Villa with the captaincy, pissing everyone off stripping mings of captaincy for weird reasons, and look at us and how Howe has respected Lascelles for his off the pitch leadership and balanced that with clear leaders coming in. No sign of any jealously, internal competitiveness, everyone respects everyone and pulling in same direction

His control receiving the ball while on the break, late on at pace was a thing of beauty. 

His nutmeg and skills not long after was even better. 

Real shame he isn't a few years younger but we wouldnt have got the same player. The Madrid move took him to a new level. For me he is one of the classiest players we have had. As @huss9 highlighted, he just gets it and it's not just playing the game it's honest. Tripps is up there with the likes of Speed for leadership skills on and off the pitch. Hope we keep him here on staff for years to come. A young RB successor will likely come in January or next summer but I expect there are few better and more giving to learn from.

Another high IQ moment was when one of our players went down (shoved into the the boards) he sprinted over to block the medical staff from approaching indicating to let him check first. Miggy (I think?) was fine and it meant that he didn’t need to leave the pitch on the restart.

Unbelievable that Mings didn't go in the book for that mind, Miggy was picking the ball up for the throw in and was given a blatant push in the back meaning he flew face first into the boards.  Not like he had any momentum and couldn't help going into him, just a blatant push. 

Obvs Miggy was OK but it was just another thing the ref let go unpunished yesterday. 

10 hours ago, toontownman said:

His control receiving the ball while on the break, late on at pace was a thing of beauty. 

His nutmeg and skills not long after was even better. 

Real shame he isn't a few years younger but we wouldnt have got the same player. The Madrid move took him to a new level. For me he is one of the classiest players we have had. As @huss9 highlighted, he just gets it and it's not just playing the game it's honest. Tripps is up there with the likes of Speed for leadership skills on and off the pitch. Hope we keep him here on staff for years to come. A young RB successor will likely come in January or next summer but I expect there are few better and more giving to learn from.

Was saying to my mate yesterday. His touch from the crossfield diagonal passes always look so effortless. It is really noticeable every game. 

41 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Unbelievable that Mings didn't go in the book for that mind, Miggy was picking the ball up for the throw in and was given a blatant push in the back meaning he flew face first into the boards.  Not like he had any momentum and couldn't help going into him, just a blatant push. 

Obvs Miggy was OK but it was just another thing the ref let go unpunished yesterday. 

I was furious when that happened, Mings with the massive grin on his face because he got away with it.