Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

He’d pulled up before his goal near the touchline Leazes End, he actually initially indicated he needed to come off. This was a good 10 mins before he scored. He probably carried on as his muscles were all warmed up and he might have caused more damage by staying on.

2 hours ago, Pardiola said:

Not his first groin injury in recent seasons by the looks of it. Don’t know if this is the same one, but probably better to be safe than sorry if it is.

Manquillo isn’t Trippier, but he’s been decent for a good while now. The biggest loss will be on set pieces, but might be balanced out by having a 6’7” diversion to chuck into the mix alongside the CBs, Wood, and Joe.

It's a calf injury.

2 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

I did wonder myself. He hasn't scored for 3 years and also never injured in that time. Suspicious.

He kind of did a soft pull up in the first half off the ball. I was wondering if it was then.

Just read the article in the Athletic about him joining us. Mentality wise, that is a player.

BT Sport's gave MOTM Vs Everton to St Max and he was immense.

But I think it was Trippier that won that match - blocked everything down one whole side of the pitch, sprayed passes around and was a proper leader. That's even before his set pieces. Hope he plays against Villa, as long as it's not too soon for this injury.

I'm all in already. I think he's fucking mint.

Having just rewatched that match, and second half in particular, I’ve never seen a more commanding all around display by a fullback for us - i mean he does absolutely everything right and his positioning is unreal.