Kieran Trippier: sidelined until late April (Hope)

Yorkie

This does feel really weird like, we're not shopping in the bargain basement, we're not limited to signing players under the age of 23, we're not waiting for as long as possible to save on wages, and its been done in a quick amount of time. This being professional lark is never going to catch on. :lol: 

We're actually signing a high quality, international footballer, who will add much needed desire and experience to the team, is a born winner and is just off the back of a LaLiga win and a Euro final. Its surreal isnt it. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I just hope he's good. If he comes in and it becomes apparent that he's just here for the payday then it could be disastrous, cos we need any newcomers to fit in and hit the ground running. 

I've a pretty good feeling about him, though. Always seemed like a professional and Southgate was always totally vindicated when selecting him for England, particularly in the Euros group stages. You had exciting, attacking full-backs like Chilwell and Shaw kept back in favour of Trippier on his wrong side, such was his professionalism, tactical awareness and ability to help out the weaker CB at were forced to play (Mings). 

It's an exciting signing and can't wait for it to get announced. Not really felt a proper buzz around a transfer for a good while, probably not since the Rafa pre-Champo. 

He MUST be better than what we have , that’s what signing a player is all about no?

I really NOW don’t give a shit about wages or fees , really I don’t and I’m not being arrogant, our owners have the moola so let’s fucking party .

8 minutes ago, 54 said:

This does feel really weird like, we're not shopping in the bargain basement, we're not limited to signing players under the age of 23, we're not waiting for as long as possible to save on wages, and its been done in a quick amount of time. This being professional lark is never going to catch on. :lol: 

We're actually signing a high quality, international footballer, who will add much needed desire and experience to the team, is a born winner and is just off the back of a LaLiga win and a Euro final. Its surreal isnt it. 

Who was our last genuine purchase of an older international player?