Sven Botman

The Prophet

Based off that way he landed on his foot and hyperextended that knee v Liverpool, have to assume he has low-grade ligament damage that can heal itself with rest and treatment, in most cases. That probably is taking way longer than they imagined (you wonder if they tried the surgery immediately, he’d probably be back by now?) 

9 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Based off that way he landed on his foot and hyperextended that knee v Liverpool, have to assume he has low-grade ligament damage that can heal itself with rest and treatment, in most cases. That probably is taking way longer than they imagined (you wonder if they tried the surgery immediately, he’d probably be back by now?) 

I tore my miniscus playing in a game after hyperextending my knee 

Kept playing on it for a year (low level)

Ended up needing keyhole surgery 

out for 7-8 weeks minimum 

"Botman may face long injury lay-off

There is also a growing concern over Botman, who has not featured since the 8-0 thrashing of Sheffield United at the end of September. The Dutchman scored his first goal for the club in that victory but was taken off shortly afterwards and there is a fear he will need an operation. Newcastle’s medical staff have been trying to resolve a knee issue with rest and non-invasive repair work, but there is no sign of an imminent return and the 23-year-old is still not training with the group."

There is a fear Luke Edwards, doesn't have an actual update and is stirring the shit during a slow news week.

As I said a week or so ago... from the horses mouth... if he needs surgery he'll be out for 6-8 months. If he doesn't, it'll be a few weeks still. There hasn't been any further update since he returned from Holland when I said that he has been told he doesn't need surgery as things stand.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

45 minutes ago, Paully said:

I think this happened to the Chelsea left-back. They rested him for two months. He came back... played once or twice. The problem came back. He missed the rest of the season after surgery.

Edited by The College Dropout

Aye, you'd have thought they'd have done something to strengthen or replace the bones in Burn, Barnes, Anderson & Murphy akin to the medical team that replaced Wolverines bones with adamantium

Edited by TBG

I'm not a doctor, far from it, but I see Murphy and Burn's upper body injuries as freak and nothing to do with stress.

Murphy in particular is our Swiss Army Knife covering several positions, useful in injury crises like we have now. It leaves us with our second Swiss Army Knife that is Ritchie, who still has a tooth pick, a fish scaler, and a can opener, but no cutting edge.