Sven Botman

The Prophet

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Can’t see any reason he won’t become the best CB in the universe, if he isn’t already.

Genuinely don’t think I’d swap him for anyone else in the PL. 

Early days and I’ll probably jinx him but the way he plays you can’t see him picking up loads of injuries either. Definitely playing beyond his years considering there’s almost a decade between him and FS. Great combination when together. Hopefully helps FS prolong his own career another year than he might of thought.

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Can’t see any reason he won’t become the best CB in the universe, if he isn’t already.

Genuinely don’t think I’d swap him for anyone else in the PL. 

I cant think of anyone I'd put ahead of him in our team like (in the PL). I was thinking who's level he's been at in the PL so far this season (performance-wise) and I'd say from what Ive seen it's Varane, which is a canny compliment. 

15 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Yeah Targett was fantastic last season, stopped so many wingers dead on with a block tackle. 

Just feel our defence has more of a solid all round presense with Burn at LB though. 

As Eddie said, Targett hasn’t been playing due to pain that he has been experiencing for the last few months. Even when he did come in as a substitute in a few matches, he was on pain killers. 

I am pretty sure he would be starting over Burn had he been fit. He offers the same level of defensive solidity as Burn does AND he adds a lot to our left flanks from an attacking point of view. 

Burn’s a much better defender than Targett, who is unbelievably lazy at times with his constant diving in on 1v1s (and subsequently getting skinned more often than not). He’s a serviceable mid table left back.

5 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Burn’s a much better defender than Targett, who is unbelievably lazy at times with his constant diving in on 1v1s (and subsequently getting skinned more often than not). He’s a serviceable mid table left back.

I cant agree with this. Targett's biggest strength is his 1 on 1 defending. 

Think he's great. But he's also well protected with Burn tucked in next to him.

Defensively our weaknesses are Trippier and Burn 1v1 deep. Midfielders support them here.

In transition we are general weak up against pace but usually have numbers to mitigate. But in particular Trippier pushes up and Schar is 1v1 with a lot of grass behind him. He has to deal with that by himself. Where as Botman usually has Burn in close proximity. He's rarely 1v1 near the centre circle the way Schar sometimes is.

Burn's also a bit of a penalty conceded waiting to happen.

Edited by The College Dropout

2 hours ago, Joseph said:

Tell me you don't watch football, without telling me you don't watch football.

Think he rushed in/didn't track back a couple times in pre-season and people were shocked [emoji38]

He was noticeably off the pace like, I cannot remember him putting a foot wrong last season. He was probably our most consistent player along with Big Jer.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

4 hours ago, Joseph said:

Everything ok mate?