Sven Botman

The Prophet

Thought for a while that BT Sport should repackage Football Italia. There’s a lot of nostalgia for 90s football, Serie A in particular, and I’m sure that would attract viewers back. Do BT still have James Richardson? They’ve got it in their hands pretty much if so.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Thought for a while that BT Sport should repackage Football Italia. There’s a lot of nostalgia for 90s football, Serie A in particular, and I’m sure that would attract viewers back. Do BT still have James Richardson? They’ve got it in their hands pretty much if so.

There’s a whole documentary on it on the BT Sport player if you want the nostalgia hit.

37 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He hasn't given a definitive 'No', but it appears he hasn't given a 'Yes' either, because if our bid has been accepted and he says he is ready to join then this would be all tied up right?

If he is holding out for Milan then maybe we should just pull out and let him go there. This whole thing is a bit strange.

Edited by KaKa

31 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He hasn't given a definitive 'No', but it appears he hasn't given a 'Yes' either, because if our bid has been accepted and he says he is ready to join then this would be all tied up right?

If he is holding out for Milan then maybe we should just pull out and let him go there. This whole thing is a bit strange.

It hasn't though has it? Lille have moved the goalposts with their asking fee as per reports this week. 

No one reliable is reporting we've agreed a fee with Lille. The chap from the Echo claims "the outline" of a deal has been agreed, but that's about it.

If neither us nor Milan have agreed a fee with Lille, the players preference is totally irrelevant, he doesn't have a decision to make. 

9 hours ago, manorpark said:

Yes, I feel the same, I think we can all just sit back, wait, and R E L A X !!!

As nice as it would be to get new faces in, I’d be relaxed if we started next season with this squad as I feel it would be right move rather than paying silly prices.

Carve out a reputation next few windows that we won’t be bent over.

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

As nice as it would be to get new faces in, I’d be relaxed if we started next season with this squad as I feel it would be right move rather than paying silly prices.

Dat ambition 

Come on man , if we don’t improve we go backwards 

Everyone will look to make a few decent signings , 

Don’t get complacent our squad is very weak in terms of strength and depth 

We need at least 4-5 players to try and achieve 8th / 7th that has to be our aim 

I still think we over achieved following Eddie Howes appointment.

Teams will be more organised against us this season 

11 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I'm relaxed about the situation and our squad is better now than it was 12 months ago but not improving the squad further would be ludicrous and unacceptable

Standing still is effectively going backwards, moreso considering we still have a lot of improving to do

Look at City, won the league yet have already signed Haaland/Alvarez and being linked with others (Cucurella/Phillips)

33 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Sorry, that’s an awful take. It’s gonna be a slow build as it is why make it harder by standing still 

34 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

:dowiespin:

Yeah we aren't not signing anyone like[emoji38]

And as noble as last seasons end was, the squad is nowhere near good enough unless you still share mike's ambition of surviving.

Players like Bruno and Trippier probably aren't going to be best pleased by the club resting on its laurels either.

Edited by NE27

I assume for each position they want to strengthen, they will have a list of players they want to go after.   Just let it play out is how Im approaching the window now - can't be arsed with ITK/journalists on Twitter.  I'll wait for 'flying over for medical' announcements before getting excited.   Everything else is just time/space filling!

Edited by Awaymag

Just now, NE27 said:

Yeah we aren't not signing anyone like[emoji38]

And as noble as last seasons end was, the squad is nowhere near good enough unless you still share mike's ambition of surviving.

Players like Bruno and Trippier probably aren't going to be best pleased by the club resting on its laurels either.

Also I think Gawalls as completely overlooked most of the other clubs will be improving their squad so last season will be completely irrelevant :lol:

It does seem like painfully slow progress if we still haven't agreed a deal with Lille, as this seems to have been the situation for the last few weeks at least. Not to mention this actually goes back to January. A lot of time to find out what they would accept.

IF they do keep moving the goalposts, it might be time to call their bluff.

34 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'm relaxed about the situation and our squad is better now than it was 12 months ago but not improving the squad further would be ludicrous and unacceptable

Standing still is effectively going backwards, moreso considering we still have a lot of improving to do

Look at City, won the league yet have already signed Haaland/Alvarez and being linked with others (Cucurella/Phillips)

Of course. But if we start with the same first XI but improve our back-up with big potential, that will represent improvement.Spend £60 million on one superstar who might flop, or 3 £20milion prospects? I know which I'd prefer, for now.

Ideally we'll get both. 

Edited by Happinesstan