Sven Botman

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Feels daft to have wasted so much time on him though. I guess it happens, especially when going for top players with options. 

Agents playing both sides, encouraging both sides to get the money up! Move on now to the next option

onwards and upwards :indi:

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Feels daft to have wasted so much time on him though. I guess it happens, especially when going for top players with options. 

I reckon we’ve been played a bit here by him and his agent. 

Edited by HTT II

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I reckon we’ve been played a bit here by him and his agent. 

Especially when Staveley had said that he’d told her he wanted the move to us. 

Meh, bit of a PR slip-up having our owners name-check this guy and then not land him.

I’m sure we’ll make a play for Ake now, despite Man City’s crazy valuation. For similar money he’d be the better bet, at least in the short-term.

I always thought Ake was a bit "meh" to be honest. Is he really going to be a massive step up on Schar?

Personally think missing out on Botman is a massive blow. Hopefully our leaders have something up their sleeve.

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

People were literally creaming themselves because his social media team liked a few Instagram posts in January. Now he’s the worst player in the world and we’re right to stay away.

Haven’t seen one person saying he’s the worst player in the world 

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

People were literally creaming themselves because his social media team liked a few Instagram posts in January. Now he’s the worst player in the world and we’re right to stay away.

:dowiespin:

He clearly wanted Milan over us and we really need players who want to

come here and be part of the future. We need a happy squad, there’ll be quite a bit of turnover in the next few seasons and keeping that team spirit and the right mentality will be key.

Pretty pleased he’s not coming, hope he does well in Milan.

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

It’s not really a tough decision for him between us and Milan. It’s a shame because what clips I’ve seen of him since January he looks really promising. 

We can wave to him on the way past in a couple of years 

I’m a bit pissed off that we’ve potentially missed out on him but we’ll survive. If he doesn’t want to buy into what we’re building he’s probably not the sort of player we want to be investing in anyway.

I think with how well Dan Burn has done we will first look for a partner for him this summer, and so the major centre back signing is more likely to be on the right hand side i.e. right footed.

Recently we have seen links with Saliba and Lacroix, who would be young, athletic and quicker partners for Burn. I think the younger prospects on the left side we were looking at in January, we have since moved away from for the meantime.

19 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

I’m a bit pissed off that we’ve potentially missed out on him but we’ll survive. If he doesn’t want to buy into what we’re building he’s probably not the sort of player we want to be investing in anyway.

The only reason we shouldn't invest in him is that he wants to go elsewhere. Other than that, he is exactly the type of player we should be investing in.