Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

7 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

He’s better than Woodgate

Nah - Woodgate from very under rated because of his injury record but the bloke was an artist.

Botman may end up being better in a few years time but........not yet.

22 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Nah - Woodgate from very under rated because of his injury record but the bloke was an artist.

Botman may end up being better in a few years time but........not yet.

I wasn’t around when Woodgate was at his best for us, but was he as consistent as Botman has been? And did he only turn into a crock after leaving us? In any case, with any luck we’ll be able to enjoy Botman marshalling our defence for many years yet.

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I wasn’t around when Woodgate was at his best for us, but was he as consistent as Botman has been? And did he only turn into a crock after leaving us? In any case, with any luck we’ll be able to enjoy Botman marshalling our defence for many years yet.

He was a crock before, during and after us. Probably because of his lifestyle and he was regularly in trouble after nights out iirc.

But when he was fit, he was unreal and had it all.

It is, and always will be, difficult to compare Woodgate and Botman because Botman has the advantage of playing in a far better structured defending unit alongside better defenders. It's not the fault of either of them, and you could argue that Woodgate was made to look more herculean due to how dire the alternates around him were. But all the same, he was utterly brilliant and raised the whole team WHEN he was playing. Botman hasn't had that challenge, yet (thankfully).

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Woodgate also played alongside Ronaldo (the good one), Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Sergio Ramos, Raul, Casillas, Beckham etc etc

Botman isnt at that level yet.

Was Woodgate at that level at Real ?

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

He was a crock before, during and after us. Probably because of his lifestyle and he was regularly in trouble after nights out iirc.

But when he was fit, he was unreal and had it all.

I’ve never seen someone make a challenge look as comfortable as Woodgate did. The fact he made Bramble look good (ish) is a testament to his skill

Just now, Lazarus said:

No, but if he could have stayed consistently fit he would have been, imo.

Stayed fit ? He never had been. Wasn't the stat that he never played more than 6 consecutive games (you know what I mean) until he was basically finished ?

Still the best CH I've seen for us.......there is a new nominee who could make me alter the view soon.

Woodgate was unbelievable, if he'd stayed fit there would very much have been the argument for him to be playing alongside Rio Ferdinand for England instead of Campbell and then Terry, he was comfortably at that level. Botman's not there yet but it doesn't really matter when he's probably already done more in a Newcastle shirt due to Woodgate's persistent injuries.

When we bought Woodgate we were linked heavily with John Terry, Chelsea were perhaps about to do the first stage of a Leeds and begin sellling players.

Mourinho was set to come in and work under Sir Bobby then take over.

Fitness notwithstanding probably the best pre-planning this club ever made.

Such a fine line.  Instead Abramovic rocks up, we get Bowyer on a free and nothing else and the rest is history.

Edited by Wolfcastle