Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

I think whichever players are executing his instructions the most effectively and consistently will play, or he might rotate according to opposition strengths / tactics. The beauty of having an actual squad of good players as opposed to a squad with 2-3 good players and scrabbling together whatever else from the slagheap.

Guest reefatoon

It’s great to have a selection there that can come in and play. Don’t think having two left footed centre backs makes any difference mind. No fuss has ever been made of two right footers. Think any of them can come in, play and do a job. It’s great to have.

28 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I'm beginning to warm to the 5 sub rule, now we look like we'll be in a position to benefit. Just thinking about the options in defence, with regards to game management is encouraging. We're not too bad in midfield, although I still think there is too much counter-attacking ability. And could do with a technically gifted player in the middle. Somebody who would climb a mountain for his best mate. "TUDOR! CANNIBAGA! EVERYONE KNOWS HIS NAME"

Up front? Somebody with huge potential, like Ekitike. With a less startled Wood, should be enough cover for Wilson, barring a catastrophe. I'd welcome a new RW, of course. And nobody can ignore the fact that ASM is demanding better players in front of him, not behind.

ASM could have son in front of him and still wouldn’t pass to the fucker.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

It’s great to have a selection there that can come in and play. Don’t think having two left footed centre backs makes any difference mind. No fuss has ever been made of two right footers. Think any of them can come in, play and do a job. It’s great to have.

Oh aye. I think it's more a case of left footers tend t play on the left so it's a slightly different game, for them, when they play on the right. Obviously the better the player the less the impact. Take Burn, he's also played a lot at LB/LWB so his natural game will have a lean towards being more comfortable in that position. Schar, on the other hand, has often played on the left of the CB pairing, due to the apparent lack of left footed CBs, and will have a naturally developed sense of the role.

10 minutes ago, Nine said:

I thought it was pretty clear in Jan that Burn only came in when they realised that the Botman deal wasnt likely to go through, so absolutely expect him to take Burns place. As you say Howe likes his left footers on the left and right on the right, no brainer for me. 

Harsh - first wood now people are turning on burn, these players came in and kept us up easily - putting in amazing performances for us, just because we’re signing better players now - don’t go putting burn down.

Both burn and botman will be our best two left footed cb’s and its good to have 2 in every position, we now have it with keeper and will with this so that’s how I choose to see these 2 signings.

Just now, Gawalls said:

Harsh - first wood now people are turning on burn, these players came in and kept us up easily - putting in amazing performances for us, just because we’re signing better players now - don’t go putting burn down.

Both burn and botman will be our best two left footed cb’s and its good to have 2 in every position, we now have it with keeper and will with this so that’s how I choose to see these 2 signings.

he’s hardly putting him down like. just stating the obvious. we’re not signing Botman to play second fiddle to Burn. the big lad will know that himself. he’ll also know that he’ll have plenty opportunity to play over the course of the season regardless.

3 minutes ago, Big River said:

he’s hardly putting him down like. just stating the obvious. we’re not signing Botman to play second fiddle to Burn. the big lad will know that himself. he’ll also know that he’ll have plenty opportunity to play over the course of the season regardless.

No, I just didn’t like the statement that he was only signed because we couldn’t get botman.

Nobody knows why he was signed - all we know is he was signed, he came and did what was needed.

Edited by Gawalls

9 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Not sure how I was putting him down? He was just clearly a second or third choice behind Botman, I think hes played well overall (might be a tad over rated by some) and he seems a great lad that will more than do his bit coming in when needed. 

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Not sure how I was putting him down? He was just clearly a second or third choice behind Botman, I think hes played well overall (might be a tad over rated by some) and he seems a great lad that will more than do his bit coming in when needed. 

Fair enough, putting him down was the wrong wording from me. I’m just delighted we’re getting 2 first choice level players in positions now and finally de-ashleying the team. 

Just now, Infatuation Junkie said:

Burn as a backup to Botman is IMO sending blood to the right places in my body.

Same, 11 goals in 18 games under howe (strategically removing spurs and city games) was great for our defence and dubs - burn for me lead the line as soon as he came in (in tripps absence) and everyone looked better for it.

i actually was confident by the end of the season that we could hold on to 1 - 0 leads.

What number do we reckon he will be having?

Considering it's a new season and a the first new one under Howe perhaps MOST numbers are up for grabs? #5 , #4 or #6 are traditional but realisticly could be anything.

8 minutes ago, Shak said:

Really exciting signing, obviously no gaurantees but the guy has clearly been our main target in the transfer market since January so they obviously like him a lot.

If he develops to VVD level of player that is mooted as a possibility, then we may look back at this as one of greatest defensive signings. That's the exciting part for sure, is where it could go and the journey. 

2 hours ago, 54 said:

Could also throw van dijk in that to i know and outstanding player but so could botman,I'm mega proud of how with spent the money and not done a man city huge respect to the owners