Lucas Digne

Fuck it, I'd love to see us bid £25m + Longstaff for Doucoure or something like that. Ruffle a few feathers, I wouldn't even mind if they flat out rejected it  - it plants a seed in their minds. It lets them know we're looking at their players and we've got the cash to buy them. 

If you never ask the question then the answer will always be 'no'. Time to step up and give them (not just Everton, all the teams we're planning to leapfrog) a decision to make. 

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

How much are we valuing Longstaff at then?

I read that Everton were rumoured to want £30m
We allegedly offered £22.5m + Longstaff.

So anywhere from £0-7.5m, as we don't know if we even wanted to meet their valuation.
For example, we may value him at £5m, and thought our offer was the equivalent of £27.5m.. or £2.5m for an initial £25m package

Edited by BlazeT44

40 minutes ago, Heron said:

Yeah, you'd think so. It can work two ways though, perhaps it'll motivate some to prove their worth, it should have already done that with the new ownership tbf. Alternatively, it'll make players lose confidence and faith in their own ability. 

A lot of the players struggling under Ossie stepped up under Keegan despite the influx of international quality players and a higher level. Howey, Elliot, Watson, Pav - Clark held his own and Nielsen whenever called upon likewise.  We thrashed Coventry 4-0 in the PL with a back-four of Elliot, Watson, Nielsen and Appleby plus Pav that was concedeing 9 goals in two games at Tranmere 2years previously

Jo's showing it can be done.

Edited by Wolfcastle

4 minutes ago, duo said:

Shame Spinazzola is still injured - was immense at the Euros :footy:

Hopefully 2022 will be Une Estate Italiana - Spinazzola and Chiesa OMFG yes. (Vlahovic too btw)

Edited by Wolfcastle

11 minutes ago, duo said:

I honestly can't remember last time I enjoyed a transfer window this much - probably be 1995 when we signed the likes of Ferdinand and Ginola

I did quite enjoy that window when we signed Debuchy, Sissoko, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gouffran and Haidara 

24 minutes ago, duo said:

I honestly can't remember last time I enjoyed a transfer window this much - probably be 1995 when we signed the likes of Ferdinand and Ginola

Im enjoying it but in another way I cant wait for it to be over, would be a lot easier to enjoy in the summer with safety secured

A microcosm of transfer reporting, this. 2+2=7

It sounds like Digne is leaving, and economics suggest we're in pole position, but it may take too long for Digne to realize this. His current and no doubt desired wages, plus the fee all point towards us. For Chelsea, he'd be a super expensive backup for a position where they already have an expensive but injured starter and expensive veteran backups, in a season where they look already out of title contention. A quiet word to Digne's agent about our other LB targets and our ship potentially sailing may be what is needed to move this along. Of course, if the lad is happy to take a pay cut to go to West Ham, good on him. 

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I did quite enjoy that window when we signed Debuchy, Sissoko, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gouffran and Haidara 

07 when we'd just gotten a highly rated Allardyce and ambitious billionaire Mike Ashley was a good one at the time.

Joey Barton, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith, Cacapa, David Rozenhal, Geremi, Jose Enrique.

2 hours ago, midds said:

Fuck it, I'd love to see us bid £25m + Longstaff for Doucoure or something like that. Ruffle a few feathers, I wouldn't even mind if they flat out rejected it  - it plants a seed in their minds. It lets them know we're looking at their players and we've got the cash to buy them. 

If you never ask the question then the answer will always be 'no'. Time to step up and give them (not just Everton, all the teams we're planning to leapfrog) a decision to make. 

When the dust settled from the takeover and we were all making our wee lists of who you'd go and poach from the other "bottom 12" Prem teams, Doucoure was top of my list. I think he's exactly what we need in midfield.

5 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Don’t buy this whole not interested in coming thing. Transfers nowadays begin with informal discussions with players agents, they indicate if their client would be interested or not, if yes the club then has to make an offer that’s acceptable to progress things.

Florian Thauvin signed without wanting to be here

5 hours ago, Ameritoon said:

We could pay Digne £100k a week and his money would go a lot further in the northeast. He could buy every drink in the Beehive every single night and still have money left over.

He would need a peg for his nose, stinks in there.