More transfer rumours

midds

I feel like the Striker position is the most likely position to flop, even signing semi experienced players such as Werner is a bit of a toss up. Then there's the signings like Fernando Torres who are proven top level strikers and still ended up flopping.

After reading that twitter thread about Darwin Nunez someone posted in here earlier it's definitely put me off him. The twitter thread mentions that Nunez is completely terrible at passing and would therefore not work at all at a top club that want to play possession based football. From what I've read about Howe he ideally will want to play attacking possession based football so Nunez seems like a bit of a no go. 

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

From what I've read about Howe he ideally will want to play attacking possession based football so Nunez seems like a bit of a no go. 

Yet we allegedly bid for him in January, and plenty of rumours in the last week or two that we’ve bid again? I think it’s well known that the club like him. But equally well known that he wants CL football, hence why he’s not keen on coming to us. 

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Just checking and Toney's height is listed as 5'10, genuinely thought he was much taller than that

Yeah me too, when you watch him in games he just seems to have a big presence. He's also very good in the air.

4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Just checking and Toney's height is listed as 5'10, genuinely thought he was much taller than that

Yep, he's the tallest bloke to ever be 5'10. Just like Luke Shaw is the shortest bloke to ever be 6'1.

Also would definitely take Toney back. Scored the same number of goals as Kane this season, adds a lot more than just his goals in his link up play and I like the arrogance he has. Need that to be a top player.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Yet we allegedly bid for him in January, and plenty of rumours in the last week or two that we’ve bid again? I think it’s well known that the club like him. But equally well known that he wants CL football, hence why he’s not keen on coming to us. 

Yeah this is a good point.

But how can we really know which of these rumours are truthful? 

If I was a journalist and needed something to write about, it would be quite easy to take one of the hottest prospects in football who is smashing goals in in the CL and link them with the club who have recently had a massive money takeover.

Just now, Joey47 said:

Yeah this is a good point.

But how can we really know which of these rumours are truthful? 

If I was a journalist and needed something to write about, it would be quite easy to take one of the hottest prospects in football who is smashing goals in in the CL and link them with the club who have recently had a massive money takeover.

The bid might be bs, but there are too many stories about our interest for that to be a lie, both from the UK and Portugal. 

Toney is probably a safer bet, but in Nunez (if he wants the move) we could have a striker with huge potential for the next 8 years. Wont say no to him but its not a huge upgrade on Wilson. Toney will do the job im sure, but it doesnt feel like a wow signing.

Edited by nufc123

3 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Toney and David, Hugo and Wood as backup. Au revoir Wilson and jobs a goodun'.

Wilson will get another season here not a chance he’ll be sold

Hopefully we're looking at one marquee striker signing and another young, up-and-coming striker for a bit of last 20 minute unpredictability. Someone along the lines of Toney/Nunez/Gabigol and then that Ekitike lad (who i've never seen play in my life) would be a good outcome.  

Wood as 3rd choice and 2 new strikers isn't something I'd be adverse to. Sounds harsh in alot of ways on Wilson but he can't be relied upon to be fit for enough games.

Would be difficult to turn down a solid offer for Wilson I would think. He's injury prone and 30 now, if we get a offer of circa 15m I'd take that.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I like Tammy's movement inside the box more.

Tammy offers less in general play though. Do prefer Tammy of the 2.

Same. I feel Tammy is a bit quicker too, I really want us to get someone with searing pace up front for those through balls from Bruno. Not sure either of them are top drawer mind, I would like to think even better options might become available.

If it was entirely my decsion I'd go for Paqueta, Jesus, Tomori, Camara. Thats signings at CAM, ST, CB and CDM. 4 new signings all with far more quality than we already have yet not an entire upheaval of the squad. 

Lose the deadwood, Clark, Lewis, Hayden, Fernandez, Gayle and Ritchie (Dummett maybe) Keep Elliot Anderson in the squad and perhaps bring in another youngster or 2.

That would leave us with plenty of cover across the pitch in every position but also with space in the squad to add in January if necessary due to injury etc.

Edited by Mazzy

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

If it was entirely my decsion I'd go for Paqueta, Jesus, Tomori, Camara. Thats signings at CAM, ST, CB and CDM. 4 new signings all with far more quality than we already have yet not an entire upheaval of the squad. 

Lose the deadwood, Clark, Lewis, Hayden, Fernandez, Gayle and Ritchie (Dummett maybe) Keep Elliot Anderson in the squad and perhaps bring in another youngster or 2.

That would leave us with plenty of cover across the pitch in every position but also with space in the squad to add in January if necessary due to injury etc.

Would Tomori come here and would Milan sell? He's been doing really well there.

Would take him as well, wanted us to try for him when he was getting next to no game time at Chelsea at the start of last season but no way was the Bruce-Ashley-Charnley dream team going to entice him. But still can't see it.

49 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Would take him as well, wanted us to try for him when he was getting next to no game time at Chelsea at the start of last season but no way was the Bruce-Ashley-Charnley dream team going to entice him. But still can't see it.

Same could be said for alot of clubs and players. If the player wants to leave/is happy to leave then it just takes the right offer. He's still young so would take a decent fee I'm sure but no doubt it's possible.

Great video of Hlozek here think i’d be more excited for this lad than Hugo.

There’s also Charles de Ketelaere from Bruge who is a highly rated young striker. Plenty of options this summer in the striker department along with some of the bigger names like Isak, Nunez, Osimhen, Ross Stewart, Martinez and Toney.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y097-heAns4

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Great video of Hlozek here think i’d be more excited for this lad than Hugo.

There’s also Charles de Ketelaere from Bruge who is a highly rated young striker. Plenty of options this summer in the striker department along with some of the bigger names like Isak, Nunez, Osimhen, Ross Stewart, Martinez and Toney.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y097-heAns4

De Ketelaere has been told by Mignolet not to go to Newcastle…

Speaking to Het Laatste Nieuws, the 21-year-old said: “Mignolet once told me that there’s not much to do in Newcastle, and that in winter, it’s dark as early as four o’clock. When you then hear Dries Mertens… (talk about Napoli).”

Edited by Manxst

59 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If we're taking anyone from Milan, please let it be Martinez, please [emoji38]

2 hours ago, Holmesy said:

Hopefully we're looking at one marquee striker signing and another young, up-and-coming striker for a bit of last 20 minute unpredictability. Someone along the lines of Toney/Nunez/Gabigol and then that Ekitike lad (who i've never seen play in my life) would be a good outcome.  

I mean that’s going to be at least an £80-100m spend on two players that play the same position, nice thought but won’t happen this summer.