More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Bernard saying that we are after Paqueta and are talking to him. Not sure what to make of it. I know we’ve been after him before. 

I think wages would prove an issue with him as he’s already on £50k a week at Lyon, if he’s happy with us doubling that then it’s possible but generally I think his agent would be haggling for more. 

Paqueta is lush but, if I’m honest, if we’re only getting one big money midfielder I’d rather have someone more sturdy ala Philips or Sangare.

Harsh on Joelinton (and possibly Willock) but in an absolute dreamworld we’d have a midfield 3 of: Paqueta Philips and Bruno. Never gonna happen :lol: but man that would be crazy.

24 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Bernard saying that we are after Paqueta and are talking to him. Not sure what to make of it. I know we’ve been after him before. 

We allegedly enquired about him in January, so it wouldn't be a massive shock if we went back in for him.

It'd be interesting to see how we fit him in though. You'd imagine Bruno would take Shelvey's position and Paqueta would come in for Willock.

Edited by The Prophet

50 minutes ago, Ikon said:

He also said that we wouldn't have gone down under Bruce. :lol:

I'm not sure if he has an inside line at the club but I suspect not.

That said, I reckon we do like Paqueta but we won't be paying more than we did for Bruno and I suspect Lyon will want more.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

He also said that we wouldn't have gone down under Bruce. :lol:

That said, I reckon we do like Paqueta but we won't be paying more than we did for Bruno and I suspect Lyon will want more.

Yeah when I heard that Bruce part I was like fuck off :lol: 

Yeah I doubt he has an inside line. Maybe at Lyon. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

He also said that we wouldn't have gone down under Bruce:lol:

Still suffering from concussion Olivier me thinks.

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I'd personally prefer we side a more sturdy central midfielder and get creativity in the form of wide players - ideally with pace.

Paqueta is a good footballer but I'm not convinced of signing that kind of #10.

I like the look of Paqueta, but I agree a combative midfielder like Amadou Haidara alongside Bruno would make us look very strong in midfield. As an alternative to Paqueta, but still creative would Fabian Ruiz of Napoli not be a more all round option in a midfield 3 ? I’ve seen him linked but maybe he would have CL teams after him.

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I like the look of Paqueta, but I agree a combative midfielder like Amadou Haidara alongside Bruno would make us look very strong in midfield. As an alternative to Paqueta, but still creative would Fabian Ruiz of Napoli not be a more all round option in a midfield 3 ? I’ve seen him linked but maybe he would have CL teams after him.

Fabian Ruiz looks like an excellent little player.

45 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I'd personally prefer we side a more sturdy central midfielder and get creativity in the form of wide players - ideally with pace.

Paqueta is a good footballer but I'm not convinced of signing that kind of #10.

Agree, people have said on here that Paqueta can play wide positions but his natural position defo looks like a #10 to me. We should prioritise a CM over an AM, along with RW and ST.

8 hours ago, Nine said:

I think wages would prove an issue with him as he’s already on £50k a week at Lyon, if he’s happy with us doubling that then it’s possible but generally I think his agent would be haggling for more. 

I'm sure Bruno is on more than 100k, could be wrong. Offer him the same as Bruno.