More transfer rumours

midds

23 minutes ago, Nine said:

In terms of CBs we currently have Burn (will be kept as just signed), Lascelles (will be kept as known to be good leader/around the dressing room), Schar (will be kept as just signed new contract), Fern (will likely leave), Clark (will leave). Leaves us with 3 out and out CBs so it could be possible that we only sign 1 CB this summer, its unlikely we will need more than 4 using this 4-3-3 when we will be moving 2 on anyway.. 2 that havnt played under Howe since Jan. Either we spend big on 1 or we may even sign Tarkowski and just leave it at that, saving funds for areas that are probably more key issues right now. 

I like an all English back 4 it opens up international slots in our attack and midfield if our English squad allocation is:

Wilson

Willock 

Targett 

Burn

Trippier 

Tarkowski 

Lascelles 

Henderson (maybe)

We can fill up with international players in positions which are harder to fill with quality English players like wingers, strikers Nd attacking midfielders

3 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

I think there could be legs in the idea of selling Lascelles and replacing with Tarkowski on a free. Seems like a shrewd move.

Think he’ll go back to Forrest if they come up. If where getting Tarkowski we definitely need an athletic CB aswell.

22 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

If we are operating with a more conservative budget then I totally think they'll sign Tarkowski and leave it at that. Means you have Schar, Burn, Tarkowski and Lascelles. First the three to fight it out over the starting slots, Lascelles is fine as backup. Save as much money for a striker as possible. I reckon (given we have a solid 8th/7th/6th finish) we will go out and try to get a highly rated, younger (likely European) CB. 

Dummett has also just signed a new deal don't forget...

1 minute ago, BoSelecta said:

I think there could be legs in the idea of selling Lascelles and replacing with Tarkowski on a free. Seems like a shrewd move.

Apart from Lascelles currently being on £50kpw, and Tarkowski currently earning £70kpw. Leaving on a free and presumably his last big deal, he’ll be looking to get more than that. We’d presumably get…£8m?…for Lascelles? And imo, Tarkowski isn’t even an upgrade in any way- maybe last year or the one before; but this season he’s been shite and nothing special at all. Really don’t see what the attraction is, tbh. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, gbandit said:

Would love this, think he's a loyal lad and he'll want to stay for now but there's going to be interest from a lot of clubs 

I rate him highly, on and off the pitch he’s a class act. We asked about him in January I know that much, no bid, just tentative feelers put out, through Willock as the intermediary. He listened and didn’t tell us to fuck off…

Guest HTT II
Just now, Manxst said:

Seriously? Still two years left on his contract- it’d take a MASSIVE bid to get anywhere near. 

50-60m IMO

I think the owners will want a poster boy type signing along with a marquee one. Saka is a perfect fit, young, English, great rep off the pitch, a potential national hero.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

50-60m IMO

I think the owners will want a poster boy type signing along with a marquee one. Saka is a perfect fit, young, English, great rep off the pitch, a potential national hero.

Arsenal aren't selling Saka for anything less than 90-100m.

I mean saka would be a proper marquee in the right kind of mould for our club.

I don't believe it for a second as he's actually decent and will have many suitors even if arsenal decided to cash in, which i can't imagine they will.

Nice to dream though :pedro:

Saka would cost at least 100m :lol: He's got more about him than Grealish for example.

There's zero chance that we would attempt to sign Saka.

Give it a year and he will be Sterling's replacement at City.

Just now, HTT II said:

50-60m IMO

I think we’d do well to get him for that money, more like 80m maybe, but what do I know. He’d be a fantastic signing, but honestly just can’t see it. Unless Arsenal want cash to rebuild and replace players- they’ve got a fairly thin squad as it stands.

didn’t know about his NUFC connection though…

https://www.arsenal.com/news/bukayo-saka-my-own-words 

Guest HTT II

He has certain clauses in his contract, he has less than 2 years left on his deal, Arsenal need money…

Just now, HTT II said:

He has certain clauses in his contract, he has less than 2 years left on his deal, Arsenal need money…

He’s allegedly ‘only’ on £30kpw too

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What did he say ?

Howe says he will also play the loan market: “We had Matty Targett and that’s an example of how well the market can work. I’m certainly not against it, I love and have used the loan market in the past. It’s about getting the right player and if that means it’s a loan, it’s a loan.”

“One thing I will say on the loans, it’ll be very similar to the Matty Targett, it’ll be with a view potentially to signing that player. They are the best loans because the player is invested in the club.”

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

@HTT IIcan you share your source for this rumour? Not expecting a name but something would be good. 

I doubt Arsenal need money though. 

Arsenal do need money, they effectively gave PEA away just to get him off their books and they are looking to spend decent money in the summer, but need money from sales. 

Why do people think we are signing Tarkowski?

He's not really a ball playing centre back and he has played in a setup that sits deep, rather than presses higher up the pitch.

Howe has also said he is looking to bring the age of the squad down. And at centre back we already just signed Burn at 29, and Schar is a similar age. I expect any signings in central defence will be 25 or younger. We need some youth in that position.