More transfer rumours

midds

Actually think Dubravka's distribution has improved in recent weeks. Don't get that nervous when the ball goes back to him anymore

Edited by joeyt

I know the other thread is realistic signings but if we are looking at Leeds players, that Joe Geldhart or whatever his name is, looks like he will be class.

1 hour ago, JNK said:

You're being too generous to Simeone, his game isn't cut for Simeone playstile.

Lodi lost a lot of credit with Tite due to the vaccine issue and the Copa America error, but he was benching Alex Sandro and being the most atacking player on the left flank for Brazil when neymar was injured. As I've said, for me, he's one of the best atacking LB's in the world, good skill on the ball, pace and some pinpoint crosses.

He was starting for my club when he was only 19 and became the best LB on the brazilian league as a 20year old. 

Um ... that was my point. He's not going to get too many assists bombing forward playing in a Simeone team, as Simeone is more defensive and structured, and so Lodi didn't really get a chance to shine as an attacking full back with the freedom to get forward as much as possible.

18 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I was going to say the same -- this is going to be the most enjoyable and relaxing transfer window of maybe my entire life. January was exciting, but also stressful because of our league position.

? It's strange to be looking forward to a summer transfer window.

For years, the most I dared hope for was that when it slammed shut Jim White would trap his dick in it.

14 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

The Dummett contract makes zero sense to me with these fullback links. 

Dummett constitutes the 9th defender in the squad i think, who fills both a full back and centre back spot.

Ideal squad composition should be around 9 defenders, 2 RBs (we have) 4 CBs (we have or will have) 2 LBs (we don't have) plus 1/2 versatility players who can fill anywhere along the back. 

Edited by Comegetasample

34 minutes ago, jack j said:

How long has then renan Lodi got left on his contract like? Whats he gonna cost us

His current contract runs until 2025 on £65kpw. Media say anywhere between £25m-£45m.

54 minutes ago, Comegetasample said:

Dummett constitutes the 9th defender in the squad i think, who fills both a full back and centre back spot.

Ideal squad composition should be around 9 defenders, 2 RBs (we have) 4 CBs (we have or will have) 2 LBs (we don't have) plus 1/2 versatility players who can fill anywhere along the back. 

Wonder who will get peddled out of Manquillo and Krafth for the second RB slot? I would rather keep both of them than Dummett, and Krafth as the right hand side utility over Dummett, but then Dummett fills a home grown spot up as well, so understand going with him. I 

42 minutes ago, Comegetasample said:

Dummett constitutes the 9th defender in the squad i think, who fills both a full back and centre back spot

Won’t dig this hole too far down but… he is only ever fit enough to ‘fill’ either of those positions for 3 games a season and he’s nowhere near good enough at the task either.

No point having players in the 25 man squad just existing like Dummett. All players should be competitive and ready to come in when needed. Waste of a squad place.

Foreign market is easy pickings for squad players at reasonable prices; Zinchenko (£2m although years ago), Tsimikas (£10m), Sarr (free), Masuaku (£6m).

Not every signing we make needs to be a Bruno. Even one (but hopefully two) of those (£30-£40m) with additional squad players to phase out crap like Dummett would be sufficient to see us take the next step.

They don’t need to be an exceptional talents. Just someone competent at the job with potential to grow. Players will move because even being a squad player for us is likely to be a wage increase, plus the potential if they do well when called upon.

I still worry about Howe’s influence in the transfer market, hopefully there is a structure in place asap - kinda crazy none of that is in place yet.

2 hours ago, JNK said:

I'd go for Antony instead of Raphinha, both are great and antony is younger. 

Both would be amazing signings for the toons

I’d love Antony here

Get it done!

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Wonder who will get peddled out of Manquillo and Krafth for the second RB slot? I would rather keep both of them than Dummett, and Krafth as the right hand side utility over Dummett, but then Dummett fills a home grown spot up as well, so understand going with him. I 

Willock, Wilson, Gillespie/Darlow (assuming only one stays), Shelvey, Longstaff, Lascelles, Burn, Trippier all count towards home grown spots - that’s even before we consider anyone potentially coming in.

Not expecting many of that group to leave - they certainly shouldn’t ahead of Dummett.

Even if any of them left, Targett (if he comes back), Wood (if he stays) both count too.

And as I said it’s probable some incomings will count towards the quota.

Nonsense we need to keep Dummett for that purpose, just a complete waste of a space.

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Even if any of them left, Targett (if he comes back), Wood (if he stays) both count too.

Wood is home grown? ???

I'm not advocating for Dummett to stay on at all (I don't actually think he will, or at least not be part of the 25 man squad), was just thinking out loud really. 

Just now, Nobody said:

Wood is home grown? ???

I'm not advocating for Dummett to stay on at all (I don't actually think he will, or at least not be part of the 25 man squad), was just thinking out loud really. 

According to the PL list, aye. It’s based on if you played in England for 3 years before you were 21, or something like that… I think.

I wasn't keen on Dummett getting a new deal but I get the impression he's been signed on largely for continuity and character's sake in the dressing room as we move forward into a new era. With the injuries he's had he was probably looking at almost Carroll style pay as you play level deals from Champo clubs if he left - so will now be on very low wages by PL standards. A very cheap 25th man does allow more scope for salary to be spent elsewhere. But it also wouldn't even surprise me if he ultimately got left out of the squad depending on how things go recruitment wise.

Edited by ponsaelius

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

According to the PL list, aye. It’s based on if you played in England for 3 years before you were 21, or something like that… I think.

Fair enough, didn't know he had been in England that long. 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Was Dubravka really bad under Bruce or something? I've only known him as a generally very consistent safe pair of hands tbh.

I don't think he's been the same since that long injury. He's never been great at crosses, but he was an excellent shot-stopper. Now, he's more prone to spilling the odd one. 

He just isn't radiating the same confidence, and it does look like a new keeper is a priority for Howe.

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Willock, Wilson, Gillespie/Darlow (assuming only one stays), Shelvey, Longstaff, Lascelles, Burn, Trippier all count towards home grown spots - that’s even before we consider anyone potentially coming in.

Not expecting many of that group to leave - they certainly shouldn’t ahead of Dummett.

And as I said it’s probable some incomings will count towards the quota.

Nonsense we need to keep Dummett for that purpose, just a complete waste of a space.

The rule is different for European football, we'll need to have at least 4 players in the squad that have spent three years with us between 15 and 21, incomings won't count towards that (other than Toney maybe).

The only players in our current first team squad that meet the European homegrown rule are Dummett, Longstaff and Langley.

Edited by Jackie Broon