More transfer rumours

midds

Anyway, regardless of whether the Lodi rumours are true, I think it's fair to think we might want a more attacking left back. Not convinced we will sign Targett, although I wouldn't be disappointed if we did. At least we know he's a rock solid defender.

Fuck sake. It's day 1 and I'm already full of transfer anxiety. [emoji38]

In my mind Ekitike is off to PSG, Lodi is worse than Targett, Botman is off to Milan, Tarkowski and Kamara chose Everton and Villa over us and we want Eriksen but he's going to choose to stay at fucking Brentford over us. :lol:

What on God's earth is the matter with me? [emoji38]

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’ve not seen a lot of Lodl, but I find it hard to believe he struggles defensively in a Simeone team tbh.

I’m sure @Flip can testify (or indeed shit all over my opinion :lol:) but he’s not the best defensively and is definitely more of an lwb/lm than an lb in a back 4.

Absolutely slaughtered by Argentina in the Copa America; so much so that he needed psychologists because of how badly he was vilified by the Brazilian media. Bounced back very well tbf to him.

Edited by McCormick

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I’m sure @Flip can testify (or indeed shit all over my opinion :lol:) but he’s not the best defensively and is definitely more of an lwb/lm than an lb in a back 4.

Absolutely slaughtered by Argentina in the Copa America; so much so that he needed psychologists because of how badly he was vilified by the Brazilian media. Bounced back very well tbf to him.

Appreciate the info, as I’ve said I’ve not seen much, but I am excited about the potential to sign a more attack minded fullback. 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Fucking hell, didn’t know that. 

https://www.zyri.net/2022/03/15/renan-lodi-admitted-that-he-had-to-go-to-therapy-after-losing-the-copa-america-final-with-the-argentine-national-team-i-was-sick-in-the-head/#:~:text=the brazilian defender Renan LodiAtlético,the albiceleste in the Maracana.

Upset at the mistake he made that made them lose a final, he decided to go seek some professional help to move past it. We don't need to make it sound like its a weakness that he went to get his mind sorted, it's a positive and a good thing IMO. Actually find the human part of him revealing that even more incredible about the type of person he is. 

Edited by Kanji

Guest reefatoon
9 minutes ago, STM said:

In my mind Ekitike is off to PSG, Lodi is worse than Targett, Botman is off to Milan, Tarkowski and Kamara chose Everton and Villa over us and we want Eriksen but he's going to choose to stay at fucking Brentford over us. :lol:

Ignore all the bluster and opinions from everyone and just sit back, relax and trust in anything Howe does. He knows what’s best for his own lineups, not Billy fuck knuckle on Twitter. Enjoy the ride my friend!

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

No shame in seeking help, that would worry me though. The PL is harsh, especially the fans 

Article made it sound like he was more angry at himself and couldn't get over it...versus the fans?

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

More so that it mentally screwed him that much, I’m not shaming him or anything but yeah it would red flag me 

Doesn't really bother me - it's common for athletes to seek help in sport to get over things or overcome mental obstacles. He just happen to talk about in the press versus keeping it to himself. 

Like someone else said, if he comes at Trippiers recommendation, that will do me. Trippier has played with some absolute cracking players. Also, Bruno knows him too right?

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Do people think we will have finalised plans and targets for the window, or it will still be an ongoing process ?

Some others already doing deals. We don't have Ashworth or a CEO so we might be behind. It would be nice to not be one of the teams leaving it really late for once. 

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

Some others already doing deals. We don't have Ashworth or a CEO so we might be behind. It would be nice to not be one of the teams leaving it really late for once. 

I’m sure Howe will have stressed the need to get the majority of business done before pre season training - both from a team dynamic point of view, but also you get far better value for money earlier in the window 

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Like someone else said, if he comes at Trippiers recommendation, that will do me. Trippier has played with some absolute cracking players. Also, Bruno knows him too right?

Yeah Bruno played with him in Brazil and obviously knows him in the national team too.

1 hour ago, STM said:

I mean, to be fair, those are the things most likely to happen with those six. :lol: 

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

I do agree with the first sentence. As for the second, yes, he was at fault for Di Maria's goal and I think that was more the reason he sought a psychologist as he wasn't really vilified. I mean his mistake probably cost Brazil the game, but people don't care too much for the Copa America to be honest in Brazil. He was then dropped out of contention after being called up for a qualifier after the Copa America but had to be dropped because he hadn't gotten vaccinated yet. Since then Guilherme Arana has kind of cemented his place as the offensive leftback for Brazil at the World Cup and Alex Sandro as the defensive one. 

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Yeah Bruno played with him in Brazil and obviously knows him in the national team too.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Lodi was Bruno's best friend in football before Paqueta.

I came here just to comment about this rumor, people are saying in Brazil that he's going to sign for the toons this week.

I think it's an amazing signing. He's not as solid in defense as Targett but is one of the best attacking left backs in the world. 

EDIT:

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

I do agree with the first sentence. As for the second, yes, he was at fault for Di Maria's goal and I think that was more the reason he sought a psychologist as he wasn't really vilified. I mean his mistake probably cost Brazil the game, but people don't care too much for the Copa America to be honest in Brazil. He was then dropped out of contention after being called up for a qualifier after the Copa America but had to be dropped because he hadn't gotten vaccinated yet. Since then Guilherme Arana has kind of cemented his place as the offensive leftback for Brazil at the World Cup and Alex Sandro as the defensive one. 

Your comment is 100% on the mark @Flip

Edited by JNK

Trippier is more a Man City fullback than a Liverpool fullback. He’s excellent offensively but more because of what he can do on the ball. He can’t do what the likes of Robertson can. 

Makes it interesting if the plan is to have a more flying FB on the other side. 

Not that I’ve seen Lodi play, maybe he can do both styles. 

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

The guy has never managed more than 2 assists a season. Comparing him to Man City and Liverpool fullbacks is overrating Lodi massively. 

Stuck in a Simeone team tbf, and so he's a bit of a waste in that system.